Chapter 8

They each packed an overnight bag and headed out, writing notes for their loved ones and sticking them on the fridge, the counter, the door. From there they caught a train to where Suga was waiting for them, and they started the climb.

Suga had found an old legend about a woman who had Hanahaki, and she went up to the mountains, to a shrine of the Gods. She stayed in the wilderness and instead of dying she became the very flowers that tried to kill her, living on. Suga had located a mountain near all of them, with a temple at the top and national park surrounding it. It was there they went.

They started the ascent, not saying a word until they were at the top. They each took off their long shirts, and separated to change into shorts. They came back covered in their vines and flowers, letting them bloom. They coughed frequently, but they stopped fighting it so it wasn't very painful. They took off their shoes, and once they stepped onto the grass the pain in their feet started to fade. It no longer felt like walking on glass.

With their vines exposed to the sun tiny buds along them bloomed, until they were each covered. They looked out over a beautiful view, the shrine abandoned and the park empty. They walked amongst the shrubbery, because they knew they would join them soon.

"Hey, wanna pick out graves?" Called Atsumu.

"Really?" Remarked Oikawa. "I mean, I guess why not, how many other people get to choose where they die, and how many again get to die with their best friends?" Said Suga. 

They all nodded, and they found a feild about 800 metres away from the shrine, but where they could still see its roof, pale white against the hues of the sky. They found an old treehouse with a partially missing roof and filled it with blankets and pillows, whatever they had with them. It looked cozy after a while. They all laid there, staring at the sky.

Oikawa whispered to them. "It is a weird feeling, you know. We are picking out our graves, and laying here together in the fragments of someone's childhood. I never thought I would die this way." Suga propped his head up. "Why are you whispering?" he whispered. "It feels sacred, doesn't it?" said Atsumu. "This is a place where we can go happily. Compared to all the other possibilities, this is a pretty good way to go."

Oikawa stood up and climbed out of the treehouse. "Well let's not spend our last hours moping, alright? The sun will set in two hours and I would rather spend that time dancing and laughing with two of my best friends." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and Starships by Nicki Minaj started to play, blasting out across the field. Oikawa started jumping up and down as he yelled along, and soon Suga and Atsumu were down there with him, as they all joined hands and danced their lives away under a blanket of colour and the watchful eyes of the shrine metres away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funnily enough, Daichi, Sakusa and Iwaizumi were all together when the call came through. Daichi picked it up, a FaceTime from Suga. When he hit accept the screen filled with music coming from behind him and he could see two figures dancing in the background. One thing was for sure, Suga was definitely drunk.

"Daichi," he slurred.

"Hello Suga. Are you okay? Where are you?" It was getting around 5:30, so the sky was darkening.

"Aww, you haven't gotten the note yet."

"What note?"

"My last words, my final hurrah."

Daichi sat up, going taught.. "What?"

"Look, I promised I wouldn't do this, but I love you Daichi. Like, a lot. But if you don't love me back like that don't say anything because I'll have to die early, and Oikawa and Astumu will have to bury me before we become flowers together. Okay?" Daichi sat there, stunned. Sakusa picked up the phone.

"Are you all together?"

"Omi-omi" whined Atsu through the phone.

"Where are you?"

"Don't mind that. I want you to be happy, remember? So forget me, and forget Oikawa and Suga. Our week is almost up, right guys!" Oikawa cheered from behind him. Oikawa walked up and grabbed the phone.

"Sorry guys but we have to go, the flowers are making it hard to talk to you without coughing them up. Read the letters and cry at my funeral bitches or I will haunt you."

The call was cut off. 

__________________________

Vote, comment and have a great day! We are nearing the endgame now :D