Chapter 17

Running through the park was easy, the trails were bright and easy to follow. Oikawa shrieked with happiness as they got closer and closer to those they truly wanted to see. They reached a clearing, and slowed as they reached it. 

There were people there, silhouettes. Oikawa and Atsumu concentrated on their trails, trying to sense if anyone important was there. While their eyes were closed and minds preoccupied, Suga took a deep breath, and stepped out. 

"Hello there. Lost?" The group turned. Hinata gasped, and Kageyama froze. Suga walked further into the clearing, as Atsumu emerged from behind him, having noticed that Suga was no longer with them. 

"Well now. Don't ya all come rushing at once," muttered Atsumu. Suna was in the group as well. They were all standing, facing each other. The bushes rustled, and Kyotani and Yahaba started to tear up a little as Tooru sauntered out. 

"Well this is rather awkward." The trio stood in the moonlight. The group consisted of the two Aoba Johsai members, Karasuno first years and Inarzaki blocker. The five stared, and Oikawa felt a little self conscious. "Look, we can go..." Tooru started to turn, shielding his face with his hand. But he was cut off by a flying tackle that had him eating dirt. 

Kyotani was straddling him as Yahaba wiped at his eyes. "No Captain. Sorry, but I think no one is ever letting you out of their sight again." Oikawa laughed against the ground. The conversation was like a trigger, and soon Suga was bracing for Hinata, whose enthusiastic jump had him coming square for the setters face. Kageyama just sighed, and shed a few tears. "Come here, Kags!" Said Hinata. 

The first year was absorbed into the group hug. Suna stepped carefully towards Atsumu, who approached slowly as well. "Hey there. You aren't a ghost, right?" Atsumu rolled his eyes as Suna paused. "Bloody hell," grumbled Atsumu as he pulled the boy into a hug. "It's nice to see you too." 

Suna let out a rattling breath, gritting his teeth against the tears. "Yeah, it is." 

Oikawa was begrudgingly let off the ground, but the soil rolled easily off his body. Kyotani poked Oikawa's abs. "Why are they shiny?" Oikawa snorted as Yahaba blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry about my boyfriend here, I haven't gotten him house-trained yet." 

Oikawa's ears perked up. "KyoHaba! I knew I'd get it one day!" He sighed as he sat up and pulled his shirt up a fraction. "I don't know why I'm kinda shiny. We all are, but more so in the park. We can also do cool stuff like sense where you are and run super fast. Also pretty strong, but only in the park." 

The others were listening in, and they sat in a sort of circle, with the five all over the trio, hugging them or sitting on their laps. "That's pretty cool guys." Mumbled Suna. His eyes were red and his voice still a little hoarse from the outburst earlier. 

"Are we the only ones you've seen?" Suga eyed Hinata. "Yes you are. Why? Got somewhere to be?" The tangerine huffed. "Well we won't be for long!" 

Suga frowned. Atsumu sat up a little, pressing his hand into the ground. "You don't mean..." But just as the trio stood, people burst into the clearing. Aran, Kita, most of Inarizaki. Makki and Mattsun, Aoba Johsai first and second years. Asahi and Noya, Tsukki and Yams. 

They all halted, and Oikawa rubbed the back of his head. "Uh... long time no see?" 

He let out a grunt as he was tackled again. Sobs of 'Captain!' and 'Kawaaa!' He was overwhelmed by the tears, and couldn't help but a cry a little himself as he was pinned to the ground by love-filled hugs and a few punches. 

Suga grinned at his friends, Noya following Aoba Johsai's lead and boxing in the setter with affectionate fists and happy giggles. Asahi stepped forward as the first years backed away, even Tsukki who had grudgingly accepted a hug from his senpai. 

Asahi punched Suga in the arm. "Ow," he winced. "That's for the tackle at the park." But then Suga was swept up into a bone-crushing hug. "This is for everything else," He was ugly crying, brows furrowed and eyes closed. 

"Thanks, 'Sahi." Whispered Suga as the other Karasuno crows were yanked in. 

Atsumu received multiple pats on the back and hugs from Aran and Kita, the first years making witty comments about his appearance. 

"Seems like that haircut still hasn't changed."

"But those abs have." 

There was no malice behind the words, and eventually he was showered with some affection of his own. "Yeah yeah, at least y'all didn't think I was a ghost like cling-wrap over here." Suna, in fact, had refused to let go of Atsumu's hand. He claimed he was just making sure the twin didn't run off before his brother could get here, and Sumu paled a little at the thought of Samu's wrath. 

Kita noticed his expression and smiled. "Yeah, good call." 

Oikawa struggled to free himself from the mountain of bodies he was buried under, and had to use his strength to push them off. "Looks like someone did some sleep cardio," commented Makki. "Ugh, just like your dumbass to practice even in your sleep. Its gross." Mumbled Mattsun. But their remaining happy tears and the hold they had on Oikawa's waist completely disproved their point. 

After a while the setters made eye-contact, sensing that it was time to go. "While this has been lovely," started Oikawa. 

"We unfortunately have some men to catch." Finished Atsumu. 

"Don't run off on us," added Suga with his smile everyone had missed so much. Once the clingiest had been removed, the setters stood, once more finding the trails in their mind, each leading to familiar place. 

"Well now, let's get to it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo, thought y'all finally deserved some reuniting scenes! And here they come. Sorry if this one seems a bit rushed, but we need to be prepared for those Iwaoi, Sakuatsu and Daisuga meetings. (And Osamu's brotherly love, of course)

Happy Reading!