Chapter 15

Due to their athleticism and the proximity to the Karasuno gym, the three arrived only 15 minutes late. Astumu held them up a little, glancing at new landmarks that had appeared in the last three months.

Strangers gasped at them as they walked past, and someone tried to stop them more than once. After a crowd gathered to admire their skin they bolted into a small nature strip nearby, and from there travelled mostly on grass or through the limbs of trees if they could help it.

Still shirtless and shoeless, they arrived at the Karasuno gym panting a little, but overall exhilarated with how their bodies moved. Their feet were a little unsure on the concrete rather than the grass, but they made good time through the parking lot.

They listened for noise, but the school was deserted. They quickly climbed over the back fence, albeit a little clumsily.

After almost an hour and a half straight of running, the trio were feeling the effects of their travels. Suga yawned as they meandered through the school. Nervousness was overridden by the longing for their family, friends and for...

Well. You know who.

But when they reached the assembly doors they found them wide open, and the seats were empty. "Are you kidding me right now." Oikawa groaned as he stretched out his limbs. They sighed and went to walk out of the gym. Atsumu plonked down onto a chair.

"Well it's still warm, so we only just missed them." Suga wrinkled his nose. "Kinda gross, Tsumubabe." Atsumu stuck out his tongue and laid down, relaxing into the cushion of the seats.

Oikawa sighed as he brushed himself off. There was a box of stuff towards the front of the stage, things that belonged to the three. He walked towards it and smiled as he ruffled through t-shirts and trophies, photos and memorabilia. 

He sighed as Atsumu took a shirt from him, his old volleyball jersey ad put it on. Oikawa grabbed his, inhaling the scent before donning it as well. Suga rolled his eyes when they handed him his Karasuno shirt but it was better than being half naked so he accepted it. 

They looked at one another and sighed. "They're going to the mountain aren't they?"

"Are we following or waiting?"

"Following. Duh."

"Well fuck this. I'm gonna call an Uber." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the doctor had called frantically, yelling about how they were gone there had been mostly silence in the gym. That is, until there wasn't.

Everyone started running at once, leaping over chairs and towards the exit. Daichi was running the fastest. Sprinting, honestly. There was a strong sense of de ja vu as they piled into public transport, as most did not have their license yet. 

They arrived at the shrine, the three lovers, their families, siblings of the gone and newly returned. The walked up the steps, slowly, reverently. Terrified of what they might find but at the same time could not bare to turn away. 

The doctor met them, she smoothed her hair back and offered a tight smile as she led them to that spot. They took a deep breath, rounded the corner and...

They really had gone. 

There were three body shaped indents in the grass, each littered with different coloured flowers and vines. Some fell to their knees, others remained standing. Daichi smiled for the first time in almost three months, as he realised he might actually have a do-over. Sakusa had to take off his mask to release the strangled, hiccupy sobs he was concealing behind them. 

And Iwa? He just looked to his boyfriends precious stars and whispered thank you. 

The doctor let some tears slip out. She unhooked a camera from a tree and attached it to her laptop. She ran the footage from almost two hours earlier. 

"Look." It showed nothing at first. Then the flowers started to glow. A foot twitched, an eye fluttered. "Its true." Whispered Osamu as his brother sat up. The others were all crying and shouting in laughter and pain. Iwaizumi screamed 'yes' as Oikawa awoke. Daichi and Karasuno cheered as Suga stood. 

"Oh my god, they are alive. They are really alive!" The happiness couldn't be contained, the overflow of emotions was so vast and elaborate that standing was all most could accomplish. 

Because they had moved. Don't you understand?! They were alive, and out in the world where they belonged, bold, brilliant beautiful and free. They were home. 

The next cohesive thought after the celebration that lasted a good many minutes, the victory tears and those whose legs failed them being supported by friends and family. Perhaps the most important question. 

Where could they be?

The doctor motioned everyone toward her again. She pointed to the ground. There were more squeals again. "Foot prints!" The euphoria was so overwhelming some couldn't talk. After they had seen them move, now they were seeing the physical affects of it. The living proof in the park that had kept them safe for so long. 

As a group they set off along the trees, calling out to one another and out to those who were still lost. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woo! I've been gone for a while it's true, and you might only get one more chapter for the next few weeks as I have assessments coming up, and of course need to use some of brainpower for school and not Wattpad. Sorry bby's.