Chapter 19

Atsumu took a big breath, and held the directions to his twin and Sakusa close to his heart. The grey and gold threads intertwined, before splitting off, into seperate directions. Atsumu sighed and followed the winding strand that lead to his brother, feeling him get closer and closer. 

He loved Sakusa, but knew that this interaction was one that had to come first. He heard the soft crunch of leaves as he padded through the forest. There were noises and voices, Osamu standing with a few adults. He snuck up behind his twin, and smiled a bit at the surprise the adults tried not to show as he held his finger to his lips.  Osamu was wearing his thing 1 shirt. Atsumu had the other. Damn, his brother was being cheesy. 

He had no time to overthink this, or he would lose his nerve and sprint back to Suga. So he did the first thing that came to mind. 

"Rawr." He put his hands up and pounced on Osamus' back. His twin grunted. "God Atsumu will you-"

He paused. 

"A-atsumu?" 

Atsumu jumped on his brother again, this time knocking him over and into the soft green carpet of the forest. "Who else, ya dingus." Atsumu started grappling with his brother who had a huge grin, and didn't even try to fight back. "Next time leave a note, knucklehead." Osamu pushed him off as he always did, and the brother's laughed as Atsumu tumbled. 

"Dont worry lil bro, I don't plan on doing that again." Maybe it was the time they'd been apart, but Osamu fell for the bait, like he always did. "Oh yeah? If I'm so little then how come I'm taller than you, and got my license first?" 

Now usually Atsumu would respond with, 'I'm still growing,' and 'at least I haven't crashed asshole', but instead he turned and looked at his brother side on. The exact image of him. He knew his twin better than anyone, what made him tick. What buttons to push and what things to do to influence his mood. And Osamu was the same. 

For better or worse, they had each other. Forever and always. But they had been separated, in a way that they hadn't been since they were two tiny clumps of cells. "You've got that look." He said instead. Osamu raised an eyebrow and closed his eyes. The random adults had left them be. "Your, 'I am pissed and don't want to admit it look.' But no, even that's not it. Jeez, I think this is the first time ever I'm having trouble figuring what's wrong with ya, butthead."  

Osamu sighed. "You know, all those times we fought and said stupid stuff like 'I hate you', seems rather pointless. Because suddenly you weren't fighting back anymore, and I didnt know why. And now I'm being sappy in the middle of the bloody forest like some lame K-drama." He sat up, pouting. Atsumu was usually the one to say fluffy stuff, it made Osamu terribly embarrassed. But that was how you knew it was sincere. 

"Aww, baby bro doesnt know how to say he missed me. Wimp." Osamu shit him a glare. "All this time and you still are a tyrannical pig, bitch." He frowned when Atsumu stuck his tongue out. "What I was trying to say is, it's good to have you fighting back again. And you know, just back in general. I felt like shit when I remembered I never told my big bro I loved him enough. So here goes." 

Atsumu smirked as Osmau stood up and reached out a hand. "Atsumu Miya, you may be a peice of shit, annoying, terribly selfish and pig-headed, indulgent-"

"Really?"

"Shush I'm not done. But for whatever reason. That person is my brother. And I love ya, asshole though you may be." 

Atsumu took his brothers hand as he yanked him up, and burst out  laughing. "Holy shit, that was possibly the best thing you've ever said." He was totally cracking up, and Osamu went bright red. He couldn't tell if he was being made fun of or not, and it confused him. 

"Well then bitch, how about you put those shiny muscles of yours to work and fight me. Rawr." Osamu tackled Atsumu and the blonde shrieked, pushing him off. Goddamn his brother was tough as nails. They tumbled through the grass like the kids they used to be, allowed to throw dignity out the window for one night. 

And God, Atsumu thought he might never be happier. 

_______________________________

Update #1, another may be out today. Also, Christmas is soon! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to those who don't celebrate it.