Ch.41 Old Times

Ch.41 Old Times

Marley's POV

~~Beginning of Flashback~~

"Mom, can I go outside,"I asked my mother. "Sure, just don't disturb the new neighbors".

I ran outside to the backyard, where Preston was talking to the new kid.

"Who's that?"the kid asked. I ignored them, walking back inside. I thought no one would be out there; I really don't like to talk to other people.

"Marley!"Preston yelled. I looked back, seeing Preston calling me over. I groaned silently, walking over to them.

"Tyler, Marley. Marley, Tyler". Tyler smiled as we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Marley". "Nice to meet you".

~~End of Flashback~~

"Holy crap! What are you doing here?!"I sked as we hugged. We pulled away, nothing has changed about him. He still has that smile and those eyes.

"Preston called me, told me you were going through hard times. I happened to be in the neighborhood and here I am".

"Oh my god this is fantastic! Oh I missed you so much!". We hugged again, and I saw Preston smile for like a split second.

"I missed you too". "Holy crap, we have so much too catch up on and-". Preston cut me off.

"I'm totally with you guys catching up and all, but me and Jasmine have to go somewhere so...".

"Wanna go get McDonald's or something?"I asked Tyler. He shrugged while nodding.

"Okay then,"Preston said as he and Jasmine made their way downstairs.

"Let me get my stuff real quick and we'll go,"I told Tyler. He simply nodded, walking down the stairs.

I closed the door to my room, quickly changing my wrinkly pink t shirt to a plain light blue one.

Changing into a pair of knee-length shorts, I grabbed my sling bag and walked out the door.

"Ready,"I breathed to Tyler. "Well then, let's go".

~~Mini Time Skip~~

"Er meh god,"I groaned,"Why is the line so freaking long?!". "Because everyone loves McDonald's,"Tyler sighed.

"Why?!"I whined. "We're close at least". "Like a thousand people away,"I mumbled.

After what seemed like forever, that reality was only like 10 minutes, we finally got our food.

We ate in his car, just talking about the random-est crap.

"So...yeah,"I ended. He laughed at my awkwardness.

"That reminds me...". He sat up and grabbed something that was in the back seats.

A Nerf gun.

I managed to fake a smile as the memories flooded my head.

"Just to clear things up, I'm the Nerf gun ruler,"Rob smirked. "No your not,"I laughed.

I shuddered, seeing that Tyler was staring at me. "What's wrong?"I asked as if everything is okay.

"It's Robert, isn't it?"Tyler asked. Before I could answer, he gave me his I know you look, leaving me just nodding.

He sighed, throwing the Nerf gun back. I looked down as my eyes started to flood with water.

Tyler placed his hand under my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"I know you still love him. I know what you had with him was something special...". He paused. "But you can feel that again. Even if it's not with him".

He leaned in, pecking me gently on the cheek.

I felt something, even if it was just a peck. But it felt nothing like I used to feel with Rob.

~~Time Skip~~

Tyler left to his hotel. I laid on the couch, watching an episode of Haven.

"You can't be in love with Audrey". "It's too late". Dead.

That's when Preston came bursting in through the door, he look concerned.

"What's wrong?". "It's Rob's. He's in the hospital".