Mama mia 💃💃💃

(I wrote this title before I wrote the chapter, forgot it was there and published the chapter... and now I don't know what to do except leave it there so enjoy).

Buy a thing sell a thing 🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻
That thing could be someone's everything.
(Not me havin a gud ol dancey dance to Spotify adds)

Wilbur's pov:

I message Karl as I turn the corner. I don't have time to talk with Sapnap right now, I want to hear Karl's side first.

I wonder around the building for a while, knowing Karl, I doubt he's gone far; I'm 90% sure he's still somewhere within the college.

I check a couple of places I would suspect, mens toilets, empty classrooms, closets (haha funny), the art studios; I even tracked Bad down to see if he'd seen him. But it's like he had just disappeared.

And when I finally receive a text, it's just the debit card bank offering me fun Friday deals which I immediately delete because I don't actually care nor do I ever take the time to read it.
And then as I'm sliding my phone back into my pocket, another ping. This time it is Karl.

Wilbur: just saw Sap, where are you?

Karl: staff

'Ah, the staff toilets. Makes sense why I couldn't find him.'

Karl: just you
Karl: please

Of course I didn't plan on bringing anyone with me. We had already agreed that I would be the only one going to check on him.

Wilbur: omw

I had told him I would stay close incase something like this happened; whatever this was. But I wasn't. I really thought it would go well.
What happened?
I'll find out.

I go back to where I started, the hall with both the music room and empty maths classroom, I pass them both, undetected. I assume that Karl was referring to the staff toilets closest to the room he and Sapnap were in.

I walk up to the door and look at the lock, the colour switch indicated that it was indeed occupied.
Now this can go one of two ways:
1- I knock and Karl answers
2- I knock and a teacher answers
3 (just for fun)- I knock in the right pattern and the door opens to reveal a magical land of wondrous fairy tails and talking plants.
(Or the person in there offers me drugs)

I knock, nobody responds.
I wait a moment; maybe I'll hear a flush and a teacher will walk out? I don't know. It would help to know whether or not he's in there.
I knock again, "it's me, open up."
Yeah. That is not something a teacher wants to hear when they are taking a whoppa dump.

I hear the clicks of the door lock click clack click. I have to physically prevent myself from running away incase it's a member of staff coming to stab me for interrupting their mighty shit. Not particularly the way I would've preferred my day to end, or my life for that matter.

I stand there awkwardly, probably looking scared out of my mind as I just wait to see who's presence awaits me on the other side of the door.

But finally (after what felt like an exaggerated, much longer amount of time than it actually was), the door opens a crack, and I see a sliver of a face peak out, I immediately recognise this face to be Karl's.
After seeing that it's me, he opens the door more, revealing his saturated cheeks and glassy eyes, the skin under his eyes tainted red as the sniffles of his runny nose echoed in the bathroom.

He tries to smile. I see him try. He tries to hard, he brings the corners of his mouth up in a curve only for them to quiver and immediately dart back down to an even sadder frown as he pulls up his moist sleeve to wipe away fresh tears.
It breaks my heart. Shattered into trillions of little fragments. It's an image I will never be able to erase from my mind for as long as I live.

I expected Karl to be hurt. But this hurt?
I am going to kill Nick.

I immediately open the door more, Karl relaxes his grip on the door and allows me to open it enough for me to enter. I slip past and close it behind me, locking it in the process before I turn around to face the boy.
I immediately wrap my arms around him.
I hear choked sobs from the boy, muffled as he covers his mouth with his sleeve, trying his hardest to drown out the sounds.

I tear up myself just being in his presence at this time.

I whisper calming words to him as I stroke his hair, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do really, I don't do this often.
But it always helped Tommy, so it was worth a shot.

"You s-said- you said you w-would be c-close."
He stuttered, sniffling between words as he tried his best to keep voice steady, "y-you sai-said you would- you said y-you would be close b-by-"
Ouch.
As if my heart wasn't absolutely shattered already, he picked up the pieces and scattered them around, treading on most and crushing them into a fine powder.
(Fine snorting heart powder mm mm yummy)

"I'm sorry. I know. I'm so sorry, I really didn't know it would turn out like this, I expected it to go well, I'm so sorry, Karl." I apologised.

He cried for a while, and I continued to comfort him.
He actually quietened down quite quickly, which was a relief since we were in the middle of a college and next period started and so people were walking past.
Even after he had stopped sniffling, we just hugged for a bit. It helped him and that's all that mattered.

"Thanks." He thanked, pulling away from the hug, he had a small smile on his face. 'How does this boy do it?' I thought, the kid was literally smiling after crying for a good 7-8 minutes maybe longer.
You could tell that he could cry again at any moment, still not fully recovered.
Yet he smiled.
It was contagious.

"Shhh no, none of that." I shushed, playfully, "it's not something that deserves a thank you. You're my friend and I care about you, alright?" I told him.
He smiled and nodded.
I leaned against the wall slightly, "can you tell me what happened? I didn't hear Sap's side of the story because quite frankly I didn't care, plus I was overreacting a bit I think... unless he really was a huge idiot towards you in which case I will slice him open from mouth to anus and give sell him as a realistic latex jacket." I promised, indirectly threatening the drummer.

This made Karl laugh a bit, "no... I think I just over reacted a bit... I'm sorry." He vaguely explained, sighing as he sat down on top of the closed toilet lid.
"Don't apologise, it happens." I reply, "can you tell me what happened, exactly?"