Ep. 56

Lady Noh shook her head after leaving Lee Gon's office. She called one of the palace staff on guard to tell her to make a sweet snack made of walnuts. The staff quickly ran to the Palace kitchen and delivered Lady Noh's message.

The Palace Kitchen swiftly made a walnut cake filled with chocolate, where people call it Hodu-gwaja. It didn't take them long to make the snack. Lady Noh came when the walnut cake was ready. The Palace staff showed the Hodu-gwaja to Lady Noh.

"Hm, smells good. Pyeha would love it"

Lady Noh takes Hodu-gwaja to Lee Gon's office.  A waiter bent down and tasted a bit of cake that she served Lee Gon.

"The Palace Kitchen has worked hard to make it. From the flavor you can know how delicious this cake is," said Lady Noh.

"Wait. The Palace Kitchen made this?"

"Is there any problem?" Lady Noh raised her eyebrows.

Lee Gon saw the plate and shifted it away from him.

"Just for you"

"Didn't Pyeha ask for Hodu-gwaja earlier? Then why push now?"

"I want a walnut cake from the Hakwa Hodo Gwaja shop near Cheonan station which was opened in 1934 by the owner Sim Bok Sun. The walnut cake there is famous and delicious"

"Aigo my head..." complained Lady Noh.

Lee Gon pressed the button on his office phone.

"Yeong-ah, I'll give you a special order"

"Go to Cheonan, buy me a walnut cake from the Hakwa Hodo Gwaja shop near the station. Don't buy it anywhere else," continued Lee Gon.

"Ye? Cheonan??"  Jo Yeong raises his voice.

"The distance from Busan to Cheonan is only 253 km, you can take the train for 3.5 hours or drive for 5 hours. If you leave now, tomorrow morning I can eat the walnut cake. Be careful on the way Captain Jo," concluded Lee Gon.

Jo Yeong hasn't made a sound yet but the call has ended. He took a very long breath.

Lady Noh comes out bringing back the walnut cake which Lee Gon refused. She runs into Tae Eul in the palace hall.

"How is Hwanghu-mama today?"

"Fine. I was just walking around the park with Seung Ah. What did you bring Noh Sanggung?"

Pyeha said he wanted walnut cake so the Palace kitchen made it, but apparently he wanted walnut cake from Cheonan. Now Captain Jo is going there.

"Cheonan??? It's very far from Busan"

"Really? I don't know what Pyeha was thinking. Gosh my head....gosh my heart..."

Tae Eul looked at the plate on the food trolley that the waiter pushed behind Lady Noh.

"So no one eats that walnut cake right? Give it to me, I want to eat it"

Tae Eul takes godu-hwaja to her room. She started to turn on the laptop and looked at the CCTV of Busan city traffic. She was getting bored because Lee Gon forbade hee from leaving the palace if there was no important need.

Jo Yeong raved inwardly because Lee Gon's orders weren't actually his duty. Even so, he always obeyed all of Lee Gon's orders. Even if Lee Gon told him to jump off the abyss, it looks like Jo Yeong would take it seriously.

Tae Eul thought, "I miss sleeping in the car, chasing criminals, and thinking about crime cases"

"I missed aboeji too..."