Ep. 47

The lawyer murder case that is being investigated by Koo Seo Gyeong is still not clear.  The police have checked CCTV and all close associates of the victim. No fingerprints on the knife were found. The suspect seems to be very experienced.

One suspect is the lawyer's girlfriend, but the lawyer already has a family. It is suspected that the lawyer's mistress was the mastermind behind the murder. Since there is no evidence, the case is quite complicated. The police also have not found who the lawyer's mistress is.

Koo Seo Gyeong asked for a report on all the cases being handled by the lawyer. Jangmi quickly did the assignment from his senior. The next morning, he placed a pile of papers on Seo Gyeong's desk. Seo Gyeong came to the office checking the papers one by one.

"Jang Yeon Ji? It turns out that the royal secretary in this world has committed a murder against her own friend" Seo Gyeong mumbled

"Jangmi"

"Ne sunbaenim"

"Did you remember Jang Yeon Ji? How did she get out of prison?"

"Her lawyer brought new evidence, the sentence was lighter and she was fined and then released. Did she have anything to do with the lawyer's death?"

"I can't confirm yet. But clearly, this lawyer released Jang Yeon Ji from prison. I will investigate their relationship"

"I will help you sunbaenim" said Jangmi

"Please look for information where Jang Yeon Ji lives, and who owns the house"

Jangmi vigorously did what his senior ordered.  Seo Gyeong's cell phone rings. She gets a video call from Ji Hoon.

"Chagi"

"Ne oppa, waeyo?"

"I took early leave. This weekend I can go home"

"Daebak!! Jinjjayo? What time did you arrive? I'll pick you up at the airport"

"No need. You shouldn't be too tired Seo Gyeong. I can take a taxi"

"Ani... I also want to buy ice cream at a shop near the airport"

"Isn't there in Seoul too?"

"Here the mint choco taste is different from the ones there. I want to eat from the shop there"

Ji Hoon laughed excitedly hearing the ravings of Seo Gyeong.

"Then how is our mincho? Is he okay?"

"Of course he is very well because I feed him so much. Uri Mincho really likes two-flavored fried chicken"

"Uri Mincho or yourself?"  Ji Hoon tease

"Of course the two of us" Seo Gyeong put on a sullen face

"Seo Gyeong, actually I'm worried if you are still on duty, being a police officer is very dangerous"

"Calm down oppa, I will always be careful"

"If you're tired of telling me, just let me work for the money. And you, your job is just to spend my money and have fun."

"Other men tell women not to work, let her stay at home and take care of their children. But you told me to spend all your money"

"Because I'm looking for a wife, Queen and Empress for me, not a maid or a baby sitter"

"Do all the men in the sea say like this?" Seo Gyeong blushed before hanging up the phone.

Koo Seo Gyeong got Jang Yeon Ji's address and rushed there. Together with Jangmi she waited a few minutes outside the door but no one opened the door.