Ep. 46

Lady Noh was in a hurry when a maid ran over to tell her that the Queen had fainted. She ordered the staff to take the Queen to her room. Koo Seo Ryeong found the report file that Lee Gon asked to give to Party Jinsun. Without wasting any time she rushed out of the room. Several palace maids were seen whispering to each other about the Queen's health.

Koo Seo Ryeong certainly heard a little what they were talking about. However, she paid no heed to their discussion, walking through the corridor casually as if nothing had happened before.

The palace maid entered carrying a basin of warm water, in the room there was Lady Noh beside the Queen. Tae Eul lay weakly on the bed. Cold sweat dripped down her forehead. Lady Noh sends a message to Prince Buyeong that the Queen is now unconscious and has been examined by Professor Hwang.

Prince Buyeong, who is still in the hospital waiting for Lee Gon, is surprised to read a message from Lady Noh. The curious Seung Ah asked Prince Buyeong.

"Noh Sanggung told me that Hwanghu Mama fainted. I will tell her when Pyeha's condition has recovered," explained Lee Jong In.

Seung Ah runs when Jo Yeong calls out to her. Lee Gon tells Seung Ah to prepare an official statement from the kingdom that he is just exhausted from working late at night. Seung Ah nodded and walked out. She whispered softly to Captain Jo to inform Prince Buyeong's message.

"What are you talking about?"

"Mmm....Noh Sanggung.." Seung Ah stammered

"Pyeha there is a problem at the Palace. But Prince Buyeong has taken care of it" Jo Yeong tried to explain to Lee Gon

"What problem? You are my unbreakable sword, you never lie to me"

"Hwanghu Mama is unconscious. The Palace Doctor has already treated her"

Lee Gon forcibly removed the IV needle attached to his hand. Blood flowed from his hands.

"Prepare the car, we go back to the Palace. Tell Prince Buyeong I'm recovering"

"Hyung...you can't protect the Queen if your condition is like this. Wait here. I ask Prince Buyeong to check on you before we go back to the Palace"

Professor Hwang checked Tae Eul's temperature and quickly removed the thick blanket covering the Queen. Tae Eul was conscious but she was in so much pain that she couldn't utter a word.

"The body temperature is 38.3 C, give the Queen a thin blanket and keep the compress with warm water. I will give fever-reducing medicine and monitor her for the next two hours" said Professor Hwang to the maid and Lady Noh.

Lee Gon had finished his IV fluids and he rushed back to the Palace. Professor Hwang meets Lee Gon and Prince Buyeong in the Palace corridor.

"Pyeha....Prince Buyeong...." Professor Hwang greets them

Lee Gon ignored Professor Hwang and continued walking towards his room.

"How is she?" ask Lee Jong In

"Her fever is high and her condition is still weak. I've given her fever-reducing medicine. I think if Hwanghu Mama doesn't get better in the next hour, we should do an ultrasound."

"I thought about that too. Maybe now is the time. Call dr.Jo Hae In to prepare everything"

Lee Gon entered the room and looked sadly at Tae Eul's face. Lady Noh patiently compresses Tae Eul's forehead. Lee Gon's hand grabbed Lady Noh's shoulder and took the basin in her hand.

"Noh Sanggung, gomapseumnidaa"

"Pyeha..." Lady Noh took a deep breath and stood hugging Lee Gon before leaving.