Ep. 54

Tae Eul, who is still sleeping and hasn't eaten anything since the morning, makes Prof Hwang's team of doctors put an IV in Tae Eul's arm.

Lady Noh leaves Tae Eul's room for a very long time, and now back with a bowl of warm porridge. She brought it herself without the food trolley.

"Pyeha...the maid said the Queen hasn't eaten anything since morning"

Lee Gon looked at the bowl that Lady Noh brought.

"Thank you Noh Sanggung, put it on the table. The Queen is still sleeping"

"What happened to the Queen? Is it because of me?" Lady Noh's face turned sad.

"Don't say that. God has given us his blessing"

"Ye?" Lady Noh was confused.

Lee Gon hugged Lady Noh and said quietly like a whisper.

"The Queen is pregnant. Pray for the health of the Queen and our future heir" whispered Lee Gon.

"Aigo! Sesange...The sky has answered my prayer. Wait a minute I have to thank God"

Lady Noh turned around and then came back to place the bowl on the table. She calls the servant to follow her. Lee Gon just smiled at Lady Noh's annoyance pacing the room.

Dozens of barrels containing holy water can be seen neatly arranged in the backyard of the palace. Lady Noh hastily headed there. She rubbed her hands together and muttered looking up at the sky.

Lady Noh thanked God for the sky gave the Queen another chance to conceive a potential heir. In the depths of his heart, she promised to take care of the Queen and her womb. Even if they have to exchange lives, Lady Noh will be willing to give her life for the Queen.

The pain in Tae Eul's left hand woke her up. She looked at the IV line attached to her wrist. Tae Eul heard the sound of Lee Gon's breath, sleeping in a sitting position beside her bed.

"Lee..."

"Pyeha...?"

Lee Gon had just fallen asleep and immediately woke up when he heard Tae Eul's voice.

"Tae Eul, is anyone sick? Where?"

"Nothing"

Lee Gon called Prof Hwang's team of doctors who stood guard at the door. They checked the IV fluid that was left a little.

"We will take the IV in a moment. Please hwanghu-mama always take care of your health. Meal schedule should not be late"

"Did I faint?" Tae Eul asked.

"Hwanghu-mama didn't faint, but because Hwanghu-mama's condition is very weak so we will take intensive care. Prolonged stress is not allowed"

"Can you two leave us alone?" Tae Eul asked.

Without saying much, everyone left and only Lee Gon and Tae Eul were in the room.

"What is it?"

"It's okay. Are you thinking too much? Too much stress can make things worse"

Tae Eul was silent in thought.

"I don't know, I've been feeling bad lately. Too many unimportant things keep bothering me"

Lee Gon grabbed the porridge from Lady Noh which was no longer warm.

"Don't stress too much. I'll give you a surprise when you're in well. Try eating some of this porridge, Noh sanggung made it"

A spoonful of Lee Gon's mouthful filled Tae Eul's mouth until it almost fell out of her mouth.