Everyone stood up from their seats and waited with eager anticipation

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Everyone stood up from their seats and waited with eager anticipation. (Me more so than anyone, of course) The moment Lydia stepped into view, it was like the sky opened up, clouds dissipating, and the sun shined down to brighten her beauty. I gasped in awe of her, looking more gorgeous than I could ever have imagined. She took Sebastian's offered arm and they both walked down between all our guests, who each smiled as they watched her slowly pass by them on her way to join me at the altar. I couldn't take my eyes off of her, which made her smile and blush as she gazed at me from afar. The closer she moved in my direction, the more her beauty shined. I could even see the sparkle in her eyes. Finally reaching the end, Sebastian took her hand and kissed it before letting go. He then stepped back and sat down in the front row across from Victoria. Lydia turned toward Nicolae and reached to take hold of my hand.

Nicolae smiled at both of us and then began his speech, raising his voice for all to hear. "Good friends, we are all gathered here today to celebrate the sacred union of these two beautiful souls. There are no two people better matched for one another in this world than Peter Bartholy and Lydia Canteles. Let us be thankful they have chosen to share their love for each other with their family and friends this day. We are all blessed to witness this wonderful occasion." He continued on about the importance of a bond between loved ones before coming to an end. "They have both chosen to speak their own vows today, so at this time, we will hear what they each have to say. Peter, you may begin first. If you would, please," he said, turning his attention to me to proceed. Lydia reached out to her left to hand her bouquet to Sarah, so that she could hold both hands in mine as we turned to face one another.

"Lydia, you are the light that has guided me out of darkness. Never have I felt this way about anyone the way I feel about you. I am blessed to have you show the same kind of love in return. I never thought I could ever find you more beautiful than the first day we met, but here you stand before me now, looking more elegantly radiant than ever. I promise to always cherish you and protect you from any harm that may come your way. I will treasure everything you are and everything we can be together, always." I paused for a brief moment, feeling a bit nervous all of a sudden. I finally let her know by saying, "Oh, dear. My heart feels like it's about to burst!" She smiled and waited patiently for me to continue. "Anyway... What I am trying to say is that you are and will always be the love of my life. Forever, you will be the only one for me." We both smiled and squeezed each other's hands affectionately when I finished speaking.

Nicolae then invited Lydia to go ahead and speak her vows at that moment. "Well, you sure set the bar high, didn't you?" she stated, which made everyone chuckle including herself. Beginning again on a serious note, she continued to say, "Peter, you say that I am your light... Well, I want you to know that I feel like you are the same for me. I know you are my light in the dark because I have never met a kinder, more gentle soul as you in all my life. I am truly blessed to have found a man so pure, loving, and sweet. You are someone I can give my whole heart to and trust to keep it safe and loved in return. Words are not enough to describe how much I love you and how much my love grows with each passing day." Lydia paused for a moment as well while she wiped a single tear from her eye before continuing on. "I promise to cherish you and to always remain at your side in both the ups and downs that we are sure to have. For better or worse, as long as we take this journey of life together, I know we can overcome anything. I love you with all my heart, forever and always."