Chapter XXXXIV: Packs Introduction

Colt

As soon as we got into Skylar's territory I could tell that the brunette wolf was her imprint by just seeing the way he looked at her. He didn't say much to her but I could tell he wanted to and was just holding in because he knew that she was busy. What I hadn't expected though, was him to observe me so closely.

I noticed him looking between us curiously from the moment we got there but it became even more obvious when I turned into my human form and that got me a little scared. Did he know already?

"Alright so I'm going to let you into the house but make one single wrong move and you can say goodbye to your lovely little life" Skylar's words snapped me out of my thoughts. I could tell she was extremely protective over whoever was in that house. I nodded and followed her in, the rest of the guys who were with her following me.

As soon as she walked in, a little girl that couldn't have been more than 4 ran over to her and jumped into her arms. Skylar caught her and picked her up. "hey honey" she told the little girl who was hugging her tightly. "Mommy! Amelia and Jason told me about imprints! Are you and dad imprints?" the little girl asked. Skylar smiled.

"Yes we are" She then sent her to play in her room and caught me looking at them. "What?" I cleared my throat, a strange feeling in me. "You have a kid?"

"That's none of your business. We're here for a reason. Come on, let's go" She led me outside. As soon as we got outside I could see a huge camp built of tents. There were kids running around, young people playing around, older people sitting on rocks or wooden chairs talking to each other. I was amazed by how big the pack still was since I knew there had been a war involving them not that long before.

"The Fallen pack or tribe. One of the most ancient tribes in the history of shape shifters. There were way more of them but alot of them died during the war. They needed an alpha and I took it upon myself to make sure they had one." Skylar spoke as she walked through the camp with the three shape shifters that had came to get her at the border walking close to her. Every single member from the pack we passed by as we walked through the crowded pack lowered their head in respect, well all except for little kids. 

Most of the kids we passed by waved at Skylar happily and only by her reactions I could tell how good of an alpha she was. She waved and smiled back at them with a sparkle in her eyes I wouldn't be able to describe. One of the kids, a little girl that could barely be over 10 came over to her shyly, giving her a wooden figure of her wolf form. 

"Did you make that?" Skylar asked in disbelief as she crouched to be at the girl's eye level. The little girl nodded with a small smile. "Wow, it's beautiful! Thank you" The girl giggled slightly then ran off to a woman I supposed was her mother, who was also smiling gratefully at Skylar. She smiled and nodded at her before continuing her walk across the camp.

After a while, we got to a big beach where a group of people around both our ages were playing around. "And those are the quileutes, my family" she said. As soon as they heard us coming they ran to us. "Sky!" the only girl of the group came towards her, the rest of the group behind her, which basically consisted in a few boys. Skylar chuckled and did a cool looking handshake with the girl when she got to us.

"This is Colt. The alpha of the pack nearby. Colt, these are all the members of the Quileute's pack, except for the elder ones of course" Skylar explained as she gestured towards her smaller pack. I could see how close they were just by the looks on their faces. None of the Quileutes bowed down or spoke to Skylar as an alpha and she didn't seem to mind it at all, more like enjoy the fact that their relationships with her were friendships.

When I noticed all their eyes were on me I gave them a small nod. I knew I had to talk to Skylar, I had to tell her what more than one person had noticed but I couldn't bring myself to do so. What if she takes it the wrong way? What if she gets mad at me? I don't even know how to tell her.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone standing infront of me, more or less as tall as me. I looked at the person's face just to notice it was Skylar's imprint. Just by the look on his face I knew he wanted to talk. I nodded and soon we were standing a good 20 feet away from the rest of the group.

"Yes?" I asked, even though I was pretty sure I knew what he wanted to talk about. "What's this with you and Skylar? Same eyes, similar furr just differnt color? Same facial structure?" Well shit. I stared at him for a second, contemplating my options. I could either tell him the truth or lie to him and risk getting caught in the lie. I decided that the first option was the best one.

"There is this uhm.. Rumor.. Going around that the black demon, so your imprint, has a sibling, a twin if you will." I hesitated but continued. "Rumor says that only one of them was abandoned, but that when the twin that wasn't abandoned found out that they had a twin, they ran away and started a pack of their own with rescued shapeshifters" I looked at Skylar's imprint, who's name was still unknown and I could tell he'd gotten the hint.

Lucky for me, he didn't seem to have taken it to heavily, he even almost seemed happy for the news. "And I'm guessing that that.. None abandoned twin.. Is you?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"When I found out what my parents had done with Skylar, I couldn't handle the anger so I was the one who told the rest of the Fallen pack to ban them from their territory, but staying there wasn't an option for me either since it was just too much pain to handle. Learning that you lost a twin isn't exactly easy, so I went off on my own and created my own pack of rejected or abandoned shape shifters. My pack is nomad since we move from town to town, trying to find more shapeshifters in need of help, but also because secretly, I hoped to find my long lost twin sister" I saw the brunette boy's expression soften. He had taken the story well and that was all I could hope for. He nodded before speaking up.

"You need to tell her" He concluded after a while. I looked at him and nodded. "I know, I just don't know how" He nodded in understanding. "I expected you'd say that, but you just tell her. She'll be more than happy. She's been wishing to have a family her whole life you know? Oh and I'm Jacob by the way" 

"I'm Colt. I'll go tell her" I smiled slightly then went over to Skylar.