Chapter XX: The letter

Jacob

The next morning I woke up with a feeling something was missing and when I thought about it for a few seconds it hit me. Sky wasn't laying next to me anymore.

I sat up immediately  and started to look around the room. She wasn't there. Pannicked, I stood up ignoring the pain and ran out my bedroom door to  the kitchen. No Sky.

I started to panic and ran out the house, she wasn't in the garden either. I ran back inside, took the phone and called Paul hoping she would be  with  him.

"Paul?! Paul is Sky with you? " I asked. "What? No.. Why? Is everything alright? " He replied. God dammit. I started to think of horrible scenarios forgetting about Paul until he snapped me out of my thoughts "Jake what's going on? " "I.. I don't know.. She wasn't there when I woke up and I don't know where she would've gone" He didn't reply for few seconds and I could tell he was mad. "Jesus fucking Christ Jake... Oh my god.. Are you sure you checked everywhere? She was hella broken yesterday maybe she went for a walk to clear her mind? "

Few minutes after we had hung up the phone, warned the pack and started to look for her everywhere we could think of. I couldn't stop worrying myself to death as I walked in the woods then suddenly I had a phone call. "Hello? " I asked "Jake...I found her... We're at the West border of the forest close to Em's place.. You should hurry" Seth said through the phone with an extreme layer of worry in his voice.

I immediately hung up, shifted ignoring the killing pain in my arm and started to sprint towards the place Seth had told me they were. When I arrived there, the first thing I saw was Sky rolled up in a ball on the floor against a tree and Seth trying to comfort her with no success. I immediately  changed back to my  human form, threw myself on my knees next to her and lifted her onto my lap wrapping my arms tight around her. She cried into my chest and all I could do was just be  there for her.

"It's alright darling.. I'm right here.. I'm right here.. You're gonna be ok, I promise.. Let it all out... " I murmured softly into her ear. She kept on crying, tears pouring down her beautiful face. I didn't even know what was going on but I knew it broke her completely and I couldn't stand to see her like that.

Eventually, about half an hour later, she stopped crying and calmed down a bit. She sat up on my lap and wrapped her arms around me tightly as if she was scared I was going to leave or let her go. "Hey... Do you want to talk about it darling? " I asked in a soft, comforting voice. She looked up at me with watery, red and puffy but still beautiful eyes before giving me a piece of paper.

I unfolded it and started to read the letter that was written on it:

Dear Skylar,

You're probably wondering who I am and what I want from you.. Well.. I'm the current leader of your pack and I want you to know the truth about your story even though it's hard and sad.
I'll start from the beginning..

Your father was the Alpha of our pack and your mother was his imprint.. They were both powerful and great people or so we thought. When your mother realised she was pregnant of you, she knew she didn't want a baby and nor did your father. They decided that when you would be born, they would dump you in the forest somewhere far away from their home and let faith decide what would happen with you and they kept to their idea.
When you were born they did what they planned on doing since the beginning, knowing you would probably not make it.

After they left you, they lived happy with each other not ever mentioning about their possible murder of their own daughter. After what happened, everyone hated them with their whole soul so we ended up kicking them out of the pack.
Nobody knew anything about you and your parents couldn't care less. We all thought you were dead but then I finally found you and found out that you were the alpha of another pack, that you imprinted, that you had grown up among wolves and that you finally built yourself a life.