Chapter XIII: Wolves

Skylar

As more days went by, more the job as an alpha became stressful and difficult.

The responsibilities I had were insane. Taking care of Billy, checking up on Emily, patrolling, planning patrols, solving issues inside the pack circle, solving issues outside the pack circle, find the new shape shifters that had ran off in the forest and of course... To add more drama to it, trying to kill a crazy red headed blood sucker that wouldn't stop at anything to kill Bella for whatever reason.

I spent the free time I had with Jake and tried to give him as much attention as possible so he wouldn't feel bad, which worked. He understood I had a lot on my mind.

_______________

"PAUL, QUIL. PATROLL NOW!" I yelled for the 5th time in 10 minutes. "OK OK FINE! " They yelled back in unission before shifting and running off. I sighed. Stupid boys.

I turned around to see Jake looking at me from a distance with a proud smile on his face. I smiled as I walked to him and crashed into his arms. He held me close to him. "These guys are one big piece of work" I sighed not letting go of him.

"I know, but it'll get easier, eventually" Jake replied. I looked up at him leaning my ching on his chest "I hope so" Then I realized something I should've thought about about 6 months earlier, my eyes widening.

"Jake oh my god!" I exclaimed pulling away from his embrace. "What?! What's wrong?!" He asked worried "The wolves! They haven't heard anything about me in months! Next thing you know they'll be attacking Forks!" I explained.

"Oh shit.. I didn't think about that. " He confessed "I'm going. Right now. " I declared already running out of Emily's house. I felt his presence on my heels and when I shifted I felt him do the same.

"Seth! You're in charge while Jake and I go check something out! Leah! You're second in command got it? " I told them through wolf telepathy.

"WHAT?! Seth is the youngest of us!" Both Quil and Leah complained. "I know he is, that's why I choose him! Kid's minds are lots more creative than ours" I stated before I heard a cheering Seth and then both Leah and him shifted back human.

"Did you seriously just left the pack in charge of a 15 year old kid? " Jake asked me while we ran to the wolves. "I trust him, he's a smart kid, I'm sure he'll do it alright" I replied.

We ran for about an hour to arrive at the barrier of trees that stopped too many other animals to entrude the territory.

I shifted back and told Jake to stay behind me. Walking slowly I entered the Wolf's territory just to find a huge horde of wolves jumping on me licking my face. I laughed and pushed them off gently not wanting to hurt them. I got up and started to look around.

All the wolves were there and They all ran to greet me, some of them jumping on me, licking my face and some of them even bringing me gifts such as bones or skulls. I all thanked them, used to taking that kind of things with my bare hands. Jake on the other hand walked a bit backwards in disgust every time a wolf would bring something making me chuckle at his reaction.

"You know it's just bones of dead animals right? They can't eat you or anything" I Wheezed out when he jumped back half a meter after one of the white and grey wolves brought me an entire cow spine. "How can you handle to take these things in with your bare hands?! That's disgusting" He replied looking at me freaked out.

"Sometimes I have the feeling you forget that I lived about 18 years among these wolves. Like since i was 6 months maybe? " I stated still laughing. "Yea, yeah right I forgot. I wish I could be more like you sometimes... Fearless, so smart and brave..." He said with a weak smile on his face.

I got up from rubbing the wolf's belly and walked up to him. "Jacob. I don't want to be hearing that again okay? You are awesome and perfect. Don't forget that, ever. And by the way... I may not be scared easily but only because I was raised by not humans but wolves, humans teach you to be scared of everything, being scared in a pack of wolves is more dangerous than you think because they can smell fear, and still. I get scared more than you think I do" I explained. I looked at him and sighed. "I may not be easy to scare. But I learned how to handle my fear when it gets to me" I finished before hugging him. He held me close to his warm body.

"Thanks Sky... I guess I'm just insecure about being a bloody coward... I just think it's awesome the fact that you can just walk up to so many wolves that could tare you apart in half a second with so much confidence. How you can chase an out of her mind blood sucker without giving up any moment. How you run after an angry shape shifter every single time. How you stand in front of newborn cubs confronting an armed hunter... " He said as I looked up to him, I replied in a soft tone. "Jake... I've grown up with the wolves, that's why I'm not scared, I chase that redhead every day to protect you and the pack, I run after the angry or upset wolves because I care about them, I... I stand in front of those cubs because 18 years ago... Those were me... " He looked at me with tears threatening to spill.

"So... Actually you're not fearless at all... You just have good reasons to fight your fears... " He said shakily. I nodded with a smile.

"You're amazing and so God damn wise" He concluded before kissing me.

The kiss was broken by a happy tiny howl. I looked in the direction of the howl just to see a beautiful, young, white wolf sprining towards us

 I looked in the direction of the howl just to see a beautiful, young, white wolf sprining towards us

I smiled brightly "hey girl" I said in a squeaky baby voice. She jumped on me and started licking my face when I fell on the ground.

The epic duo was reunited.

#edited#