Chapter XXVIII: Jealousy

Skylar

"Jake! Jake! Wait up! What's wrong? Please talk to me?" I yelled after my imprint as I ran after him, into the forest.

When we reached a river he stopped abrubtly and looked at me with a glare that even scared me. My eyes widened, tears threatening to fill them as I took a step back. "You don't get it do you?! " He snapped at me. "W-what? " "Paul! Don't you get it?! He fucking loves you Skylar! And no! Not just as friends! I can't just stand there and pretend I don't see how you two look at each other! " I took another step back as I started to shake again, tears spilling when he took a threatening step towards me, almost as if he wanted to hurt me. I had just managed to get myself to stop shaking and it was already starting again.

"W- what are you talking about? He's my best friend Jacob.. N-nothing is going on between us. I'd never do that to you, you know I wouldn't " I started to cry heavily as soon as I finished my words.

As if snapping out of a daze Jacob quickly realised what he was doing. I saw his eyes soften and he tried to come a step closer to me but I immediately took a step back. His eyes widened a bit as they saw my fear.

"I- I'm so sorry Sky... I don't know what got into me" He said with a breaking voice. My fear lessened a bit but not for long. When I didn't reply he tried reaching for me. I flinched when his fingers softly touched my shoulder. His pained expression broke my heart but I couldn't help to remember the threatening glare he had held not two minutes ago.

"Sky please I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I didn't mean any of that... My jealousy got the best of me and I- I... I'm sorry... Please" His voice broke at least five times troughout the sentence which broke me but I couldn't help the fear. Instead of answering I looked up from the floor to his face. Tears were threatening to spill from his deep brown eyes.

"You really think I would cheat on you... with of all people... Paul? " I half whispered but I knew he'd hear me. "No... No Love please, I didn't mean any of that.. I swear.. This is just all so overwhelming and... "

"Bullshit"

"Sky... " "Save it Jacob... I know you're still mad about the scars.. " My tone was still a whisper as I gestured to the scars along my face that Paul had given to me accidentally not so long ago. "Sky I- " "Don't " I whispered before walking away, into the forest only to be followed by heavier ones.

"Sky... Please... You don't know how sorry I am" He whispered, knowing I'd hear him of course. It was getting cold and at that point I was shivering more from the cold than anything else.

We walked for about 15 minutes. My body felt like it would collapse from the cold and Jake obviously noticed. "Love look at me" He murmured. The moment I snapped my head in his direction his eyes went wide. "Your lips are almost purple from the cold Love you're freezing.. Please let me help Darling" Not a single word came out of my mouth as I stood there, staring at his concerned expression.

Seconds after I felt warm arms slip around my waist as I was pulled against a chest with an way too familiar scent. I immediately melted into his touch as he pulled me as close as possible and planted a soft kiss on my head. "I'm sorry" Jake murmured into my hair. "I know. It's okay" I whispered as I got as close as humanly possible to him, taking in all the heath I could. In one swift movement he scooped me into his arms and carried me bridal style, back to the house while I snuggled close to his chest.

Once we got in the house, we were informed that Kaya and Paul didn't come out of the boy's room by Embry so Jake carefully placed me on Emily's couch before quickly laying down himself and pulling me to his chest so I would be practically laying on top of him. His arms snaked around me, holding me protectively as I listened to his steady heart beat.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you like that... I was just mad and I don't know what came over me" I whispered "don't be, it's my fault.. I shouldn't have been such a dick in the first place" "True" We both chuckled a bit, suddenly I heard a door shut closed and quick footsteps walk towards us. I stood up in about half a second time and caught Kaya right when she jumped in my arms. "Hey sweetheart, how did it go? " I asked in a soft voice.

"Mommy we did it, we convinced him" I looked over at Paul who nodded with a smile. A wave of relief and joy ran over me. "Good job honey! I'm so proud of you! I love you" She froze for a second at my last words but then started to cry. I pulled her a bit back so I could look at her face. "Hey hey are you okay sweetheart? " She nodded quickly as she clung onto me. "I love you too" Her voice was soft and loving and then I understood she wasn't crying because she was sad, she was crying out of joy.

I looked in my imprint's direction which was smiling lovingly at our exchange. I gestured for him to come over with my head. He quickly moved towards us and wrapped Kaya, who was still lifted in my arms, and I into a big loving hug. I felt joy run through my body. My little family.

________________________

"Uh... Hey... " I said insecurely to the boy we had locked in the room. "I already told that little brat that I wouldn't say anything" He snapped at me. Trying to calm myself down I asked "excuse me? " He looked at me and he probably saw the clear anger in my eyes because he jumped back. "That's what I thought... Look dude we're trying to help you here.. I told my people not to hurt you but if you put our loved ones in danger I can guarantee you that I won't be able to control them" He nodded slowly before walking up to me. I felt the urge of stepping back but instead I stayed in place, head high even though he was taller than me but honestly, it wasn't that hard.

"What do you mean 'your people'? You told me what you are but not who" I stared at him in disbelief as I heard his threatening type of tone and glare. "That doesn't concern you. The only thing I'll say is that all these people outside and inside this house are under my protection and command. You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" I spat at him. "But there's nobody to protect you here" I wanted to slap his smirk right off of his face so badly but I resisted the urge to do so.

"Oh don't worry, I don't need protection. And if my boyfriend hears that you tried to hurt me, even though I handled it... He won't be so happy" I said with an inhuman growl coming out of me at the end. Suddenly Jacob burst through the door coming to stand in front of me with a threatening position.

"I felt the tension from downstairs" He muttered. "Oh so your the boyfriend huh? I bet even if I beat the hell out of your girl you wouldn't be able to defend her" Before I could do anything Jake grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt lifting him up starting to shake. He was going to phase so I stepped in. "Hey hey hey it's okay Jake, look at me, look at me" I said putting a hand on his shoulder. "That's right, good job. Now put him down" I continued. I knew he didn't mean to do it, his inner wolf was just taking over and obviously he couldn't control it so I couldn't be mad at him and I just had to calm him down somehow.

#edited#