Chapter XII: Funeral

Skylar

It had been 3 days after our alpha's death. The first day the patrols were an absolute chaos but the day after,I planned it better and the patrols went as usual.

I had a lot, and I mean A LOT, of things on my mind. Being an alpha brought a lot of responsibility. I was helping Emily plan the funeral, planning the patrols, talking to the elder ones about how to lead the pack, patrolling to make sure not one single blood sucker came on our territory while I was in charge, taking care of Billy, sill trying to give Jake some attention in my free time. Long story short: I was busy 24/7 and it was starting to stress me out but I stayed strong, I had to. Not only for the pack but also for the safety of our town.

Today was Sam's funeral. We only invited the tribe members since we barely knew anyone outside our circle and it was easier to talk to them about Sam since they all knew about the Shape shifting.

We would be burrying him on La Push Beach, where Emily and him would go almost every day, it was his favourite place to be so we thought we owed him at least that much.

Jake and I were at his house, getting ready. He had given me beautiful, formal clothes for the funeral which I gladly weared even though I wasn't really used to such things.

The dress was beautiful and matched my hair and eyes, the top of it being black and ending with the same blue as my eyes.

I thanked him with a kiss

I thanked him with a kiss. I didn't put makeup on because I had absolutely no idea how that worked, just like phones. I had been trying to figure out how Jake's worked but didn't quite get it.

When I had put on my new dress and shoes I looked in the mirror and started brushing my extremely long hair, which was always an issue. I decided not to style it or attach it because, first, I didn't know how people did that here and second, too much work. I would've stood there for hours just to do my hair so I just let it free.

When I got out of the bathroom Jake came to me and kissed me after taking a close look at my body. I kissed back. When we pulled back I took a tiny handmade wooden box off his desk and gave it to him.