Chapter XXXVI: Reunition

Skylar

Weeks passed by quickly and before we knew it, it was already 3 days before Bella's wedding and we found ourselves preparing to leave once more.

"are you ready honey?" I asked Kaya who was sitting next to the door of the house we had been staying at for the past few weeks without anyone even saying anything. I knew it was basically squatting but honestly, who cared at that point?

The little brunette nodded standing up. "are we ever going to come back?" she asked with that Southern accent that was very similar to mine. "I don't know baby but I hope we will" I replied with a smile as I kneeled down in front of her.

"I hope so too" she said. I smiled before taking her little hand in mine and helping her up. "let's to shall we?" I asked. She nodded once more and we both headed to where a now completely healed Jacob stood.

"ready?" I asked him. He nodded with a sad smile. Neither of us wanted to leave but we just couldn't miss Bella's wedding. I mean who knows what could possibly happen?

"hey, we'll try to come back, I promise" I murmured putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. He smiled over at me, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I know.. Let's go" he replied before stepping away from Kaya and I to shift.

Once he had shifted, I did too and layed down so Kaya could climb onto my back.

______________________

We ran for 2 days straight, stopping only to eat, drink and sleep. At some point we had to make up some kind of thing to keep Kaya on my back when she would fall asleep so she wouldn't fall off my back. It was made out of some plants we found and some pieces of our clothes.

After about 2 hours of running after sunrise on day 3 we finally had Emily's house in view. Jake and I both started sprinting faster than before, happy to be back home.

As soon as we came to the entrance of the house, still in our wolf forms, everyone that was in the house came sprinting out.

"Sky! Jake! Kaya! Oh my god!" Emily exclaimed, a huge smile on her face as she untied Kaya from my back. As soon as she was free, she immediately ran to greet Leah, Seth, Quil, Jared and Emily who were the ones that were at home for the moment.

I shifted back followed by Jake and we both hurried to greet everyone. Me with tight hugs and Jake with pats on the back which made me laugh.

"jeez, wow I missed you guys" I said with a sigh of relief. We had actually made it back safely and had gotten to see our little family again.

"we're glad to have you back" Leah said with a bright smile, Kaya in her arms. I smiled brightly over at her. "and we're very happy to be back" I replied, but then worry hit me.

"where's Jason? Is the Fallen pack okay?" I asked trying to hide the worry in my voice. "Jason is out with Amelia and the pack is fine" Jared replied, reassuring me with a pat on the shoulder. I nodded with a smile.

"Embry and Paul on patrol?" everybody nodded. "they'll be back in about half an hour" Seth explained. I smiled "okay nice"

We all went inside but not long after everybody pretty much went off on their own. Jake and Kaya went to take a nap, the whole pack except Seth went to play soccer on the beach and Emily went for a walk, leaving only Seth and I in the living room.

"I missed you budd" I said to him with a smile. He smiled brightly. "you know, nothing was the same with you gone.."

I hesitated for a moment before standing up and opening my arms. In a matter of seconds he was in my arms, my arms wrapped around him tightly and his around me. "I'm sorry for leaving you guys like that" I whispered. Suddenly, I felt how his shoulders started to shake and my heart shattered.

My grip around him tightened as he buried his face into my shoulder even though he was way taller than me. "I got you.. I got you" I whispered gently.

His grip tightened slightly around me as he sobbed into my shoulder. "I.. Thought.. Something.. Happened.. To you" he made out in between sobs. "I know... I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I got you" i murmured, my heart clenching. I never knew that I meant so much to the younger boy, I mean, he meant a shit lot to me but I never really thought about the fact tnat he would actually care that much about me.

"you're like a big sister to me Sky... I love you" he murmured making my eyes water. "I love you too Seth... And I'm so proud of you, you have no idea. You've helped so much in everything, you went through so much, you saved so much lives. I'm proud of you Seth" I murmured pulling back a bit so I could look at him.

He smiled brightly. I love this kid. He's too precious to the world.

"I kinda ruined your shirt" he muttered a bit embarrassed making me chuckle. "don't worry about that, it's fine" I replied patting his shoulder. "you hungry?" I asked walking to the kitchen already knowing the answer. "I'm starving" we said at the same time, me imitating his voice mockingly making him laugh.

"you know me too well" he fake whined making me laugh as well.

I started making some food for him but was interrupted by a door bursting open, quick, heavy footsteps running towards me and an all too familiar scent becoming stronger.

I smiled brightly as I turned around while opening my arms up. Not even 2 second later Paul's arms were tight around me and mine around him. "missed me that much huh?" I asked with a teasing smile. He shook his head with a laugh.

"I was starting to think something happened to you" he muttered, a mix of sadness and happiness in his voice. "yeah they all thought so" I admitted with a hint of guilt but quickly washed it off. "but we're all fine! Jake and Kaya are here too by the way, they're just sleeping" I explained.

"ok-" he started to say but he was cut off by a door bursting open and quick footsteps coming towards us. I smiled as I watched how Embry ran towards us but stopped as soon as he saw me, a smile forming onto his lips. "oh come on don't just stay there gaping and give a hug" I said opening my arms and he quickly obeyed, his smile growing as we hugged each other.

"I missed you" Embry admitted in a soft tone. "I missed you too E, so much. I'm sorry for leaving all of you here like this" I murmured back.

After a while, we broke apart and they both helped me make some food for ourselves and Seth, who was still sat in the living room, and 15 minutes later we were all sat on the couch eating.

Paul was sat on the right end of the couch, Seth next to him, me next to Seth and Embry on the left end. My head was leaning onto Seth's shoulder since he was more than okay with it but don't get me wrong, it was not in a romantic kind of situation, Seth was and still is like a little brother to me.

We stayed like that for a long, long time, watching TV and chatting. It was really nice, just until it was time to get ready to go to the devil's wedding.