Chapter XXXVIII: Kimora

Skylar

"JAKE!" I yelled in panic as the figure came closer. He didn't really have time to react before I jumped between Kaya and the bloodsucker and pushed it back.

He then came in motion as well and stood infront of me, ready to shift if necessary even though technically we weren't allowed to since it was Cullen territory.

"back off" he growled while shielding me and Kaya from the vampire that I was examining closely.

It was a bit taller than me but not as tall as Jacob, was wearing a long kind of Cape thingy with a hood that was covering its hair and eyes but I could barely see its mouth and nose.

"step away from her. You have no right to stand in between us" a rather feminine voice hissed from under the hood. "not even in your dreams leach. You better back. The fuck. Up" Jake replied angrily as I prepared myself to protect Kaya and Jake. And obviously if really necessary I would protect Bella as well.

"oh you think you can take me?" the vampire said and before I knew it, my quick reflexes shot in as I saw her zoom towards my imprint. I pushed him backwards as I ran to stand infront of him and as soon as the vampire was close enough I pushed her harshly, making her fly backwards.

She crashed into a tree and quickly looked up. Even though I could see her eyes I knew she was surprised.

"leave or I'll kill you" I was the one growling at her now. "oh honey you've been waiting for ages to kill me"

And that's when I heard it. The all too familiar voice.... And the same southern accent as mine.

"you bitch" I whispered as I walked closer to her and I could tell that the pack had arrived and were all standing around Kaya so I signalled for them to stay there. This was my fight.

"Skylar..." she said unsurely, clearly trying to sooth me as fear built up in her.

"no don't you Skylar me Kimora. You took everything from me! EVERYTHING!" I yelled with a mix of sadness and anger. "I trusted you! You were the only thing I had that I could consider family, then you fukcing packed up, killed half my pack and LEFT! OR DID YOU FORGET THAT?!" my voice was filled with venom as I pulled her hood off to make sure it was really her. And it was.

The vampire girl that had came to my pack when I was just a kid and taught me everything I knew, who treated me like her own child. The closest thing I had to a sister or even a mother. The first and last vampire I had trusted apart from Edward.

"Skylar I-"

"why are you here?" I muttered. "I just wanted... To see you.. I love you Sky... So much. You have no idea how hard it was for me to leave you like that." She murmured but I wasn't buying a work she said.

"you don't fucking love me, Kimora. If you had loved me even a tiny bit back then you wouldn't have left or atleast wouldn't have killed HALF THE GODDAMN WOLF PACK!" my tone was slightly raising making my voice break.

"I-" she tried to say looking at the ground but I cut her off. "leave"

"I can't just-"

"I SAID LEAVE" She flinched at the power in my voice but what I hadn't expect was a tiny hand touching mine, as if trying to calm me down.

I looked down to see Kaya standing there, looking at me with wide eyes. She had gotten scared by my yelling and now I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I quickly picked her up and hugged her close to my chest. "I'm sorry honey.. I didn't mean to scare you" I whispered as she buried her head in my shoulder.

With Kaya still in my arms and Jake and the pack right behind me, ready to take action I walked a bit closer to Kimora, sadness now overtaking me.

"I don't know why you did it and honestly, I don't wanna know. What I do know is that you need to leave this town and if you don't, you and I are gonna have serious problems" I said in a calm but sad voice tone. She looked at me with pity in her eyes. I loved Kimora, I had always loved her and always wondered if I was the reason why she had abandoned me and murdered all these innocent wolves in cold blood.

"Skylar you don't understand" She said. "WELL THEN HELP ME! Help me understand! I trusted you! During years, I thought that the reason you had left was because I did something wrong!" I yelled, my voice breaking and my body starting to give in to the overwhelming panic and sadness. I flinched when a hand touched my shoulder but as soon as I realised who it was I turned around and leaned into the warmth and safeness of my imprint's arms being careful not to squish Kaya who was still securely in my arms. Jake's arms wrapped around Kaya and I, his head leaning on mine and even though I couldn't see his face, I could practically feel him glare daggers at the vampire.

"You know, I'm proud of how much you accomplished in life" Kimora murmured as I heard light footsteps coming closer and felt Jake tense up. "Back off" he growled but the vampire didn't move. "Skylar listen.. I never wanted to abandon you... trust me.. but they threatened to kill me if I didn't make your life what we all thought to be impossible to live" 

Those words made me turn around, still staying in the safety of Jake's arms. "What do you mean they?" I asked rather harshly. "The Volturi.. they started to hear legends and stories about your pack and existence, some saying that you could destroy the whole volturi with the help of you pack to defend a child from another vampire clan. They got scared so they asked for me to abandon you in an unlivable situation and that if I did, they would let me live. They also promised me that if you did survive it, that they would leave you be" Kimora ended up explaining, leaving me  in a soup of way too much emotions and thoughts.

"and let me guess... you came here to warn me" I whispered. She nodded with a sad look. "they noticed you were still alive and they said that if a baby is born in a vampire clan that is close enough to you and your packs, that they won't hesitate in doing whatever is necessary to kill all of you" Her voice was shaky and hesitant as she spoke, revealing that she wasn't lying to me. She was genuinly scared and that got me scared aswell.

"Take Kaya inside" I murmured to Jared. He immediatly ran to me, took Kaya and brought her inside telling her that nothing bad would happen to us.

"this is so fucked up" I whispered as I walked few feet away Jacob and started pacing up and down. "Sky we can take them, we're strong" Jake tried comforting me but it didn't really help.

"that's the problem, Jake. We are strong, and we could take them but there are so many kids and teenagers.. It's too dangerous.. We really can't fight this war if it turns out to start" I said nervously.

This is so fucked up. Why can't anything EVER go normally? Why can't we live a normal life for once?