Chapter I: Perfect life

Skylar

I woke up to something wet rubbing against my face. Groaning I opened my eyes to see a white little wolf cub licking me.

Chuckling I sat up while it jumped on me asking for attention

Chuckling I sat up while it jumped on me asking for attention. I gave her what she needed by petting her head softly. I had called her snowflake, because, as any of them, she was unique. White as snow, a survivor, rejected by her family but still strong enough to fight off a full grown fox when she was only a few months old. As I said. Unique and therefore one of my favourites.

After a while I got up and walked out of my cave, into the forest. I looked around to see the whole pack there laying with newborn cubs, others playing with each other or challenging each other. All of them with their own life going on.

Life was perfect here. Well at least for me. Hard, challengy but perfect.

I'm sure that if any human could see me they would freak out but honestly, they freaked me out too. So clean, organized, closed at any ideas, such a wrong perception of animals, afraid of nature. They were just short off stupid.

Even though I was technically partly human I never considered myself as it, I was a shape shifter and nobody could keep me from that.

I loved my hidden life, in the forest with the wolves. At least they understood me.

They never hurt me in this pack and would most likely never do so, that's what I loved the most about being here, being accepted, something the humans would never do. They couldn't, not because they wouldn't want to but because they were taught that anything that was different to them was dangerous.

I had been in this pack since I can remember and I couldn't even imagine myself leaving them for another life. It would be too hard even though I knew, and so did all the other wolves that someday I would have to leave and build my own family just like every one of them.

We all knew that someday I'd imprint on someone and I would have to leave. For my sake, for my imprint's and for the rest of the pack's.

It scared me to think that to meet the imprint I was bound to meet, it had to be someone that was close enough to the pack to see me or me to see them. Which meant they would most likely be able to see the rest of them. If any of them would get hurt it would be my fault and I would never be able to forgive myself for that.

________________

I always thought of love as something that could be very dangerous but awesome and vital at the same time.

Falling in love with somebody could cause nothing but two things. A broken heart or a happy ever after ending, but, who was I kidding. Happily ever after is some kind of myth that they put into our head so bad that it even got to me, and I mean, nothing gets to me that easily. I do live with a pack of wild wolves after all.

Love could lead us to so many things.. Disgrace, agony, sadness, broken hearts, depressions.. But also to happiness, hope, reasons to live, second parts of ourselves and so much more.

It was a word of infinite meanings and I didn't especially like it, but I did feel intrigues about it.

#edited#