Chapter VIII: I'm scared Sky

Skylar

(Time skip - 1 month)

After I was shot, I stayed at Jake's place for a long time, he didn't want me to leave until my limp was gone, the thing is, my limp would probably stay for about few months so I would just stay with him for some time, which obviously I didn't mind.

The day after I got shot and got in an argument with that shit head Bella, Jake and Seth helped me bring the cubs I saved to the pack, which they accepted as usual with gratefulness.

_______________

As more as time passed, more I liked the human civilized world. I had never lived in a house before. It was weird at first and I ran out few times juming in fear at some sounds or smells but I got used to it quickly, to Jake's father, Billy's relief.

I was sitting in the yard behind the house, waiting for Jake to come back from his patrol when suddenly I heard very fast footsteps coming towards me.

Jumping up I noticed it was Paul, and I could tell by his smell and face that something wasn't right.

When I arrived at him he started talking "You gotta come right away, Jake got out of control, I don't even know why, I arrived at the beach where we were supposed to meet and he was shouting things, I think he must have turned by now. I came as quick as I could but-" He said panting but I cut him off before he could say anything else "alright shut up, take me where you last saw him"

I turned into my wolf form and followed him as quick as I could to the beach. As soon as I arrived I saw the pack gathered muttering things. Jake wasn't there. They immediately shut up when they say me.

Not bothering to stop I followed his scent and ran as fast as I could to where he was going.

After about half an hour of running I finally caught up to him and went to stand in front of him so he would finally stop running and calm down.

When he calmed down a bit I turned human. Walking up to him I stretched my hand out and as soon as it touched his soft furr I felt him relax. "It's ok Jake, I'm right here, I'm right here" I whispered, knowing he would hear it.

Then he whined as if he was in pain. I looked at him with a concerned look on my face. I examined him carefully looking for any blood or injuries but I couldn't see anything.

When he didn't stop I started getting worried "hey, hey hey Jake love what's wrong? Please talk to me" I murmured softly.

Then he changed back and I saw him collapsing, I caught him and layed hin down as I could. Sitting down I layed his head and shoulders on my lap. "Jake, Jake, it's ok, it's ok, I'm right here, you're gonna be ok, just tell me what's wrong, you know you can tell me anything" I said with a mix of worry and fear in my voice.

He started to sit up and I helped him holding him as close as possible to me leaning against a tree. I brushed with my hand through his hair as he hid his face in the crook of my neck.

After about a minute like that I felt his shoulders shake and I realised he started crying. "Oh god.. Hey, it's ok, it's ok you're gonna be ok, I promise... I got you" I whispered into his ear rubbing his back gently. I didn't understand what was going on but I whatever it was, I promised myself o would be there for him.

After a while he finally looked up, I used that as an opportunity to wipe his tears away with my thumbs carefully.

"What happened? " I asked softly, hoping he could explain. The only thing that happened was more tears rolling down his cheeks. "Jake, please tell me what's going on, please you're freaking me out" I said with mix of worry, panic and fear in my voice.

"Harry Clearwater died today... from a heart attack.... A vampire gave him.... She's dangerous and won't stop at anything Sky....... I don't want you to get hurt..... " He finally said. Shit.

I held his shoulders with both my hands "Jake, it's ok, I'll be fine, that vampire can't take me, you know she can't. I'm gonna be fine, it's ok, come here" I said pulling him ingo a tight comforting hug. Without letting him go I whispered in his ear "if anyone here can take that blood sucker on, it's me, so please don't worry, I'll be fine. I love you"

"I'm scared Sky... " He replied with a shaky voice. "I know love, I know, but you gotta stay strong ok? Everything's gonna be ok. I won't let anything happen to any of us" I  replied brushing  my hand through his hair gently trying to  comfort him. He was terrified but I wasn't too sure of what.

After about 20 minuts of trying to comfort him he finally calmed down and managed to breathe normally again. After helping him back on his feet I hugged him and he kissed me gently.

"Thanks Sky, for everything... " He said but then, when I took a step back, flinching with the horrible pain I had got in my leg from the running his eyes widened "Oh my god, you shouldn't have came, this is my fault. Now you can't even walk properly and it's my fault. Shit. " He said stressed out. "Jake, Jake calm down it's ok, I'm fine, I chose to come not you right? So it's my fault not yours, come on let's get back to the others, I can take one more run don't worry" I said.

_________________

The run back to the beach was horrible, I felt a killing pain running through my leg but I ignored it so Jake wouldn't notice.

When we arrived there I immediately changed back human so if I would collapse they could atleast do something.

The moment Jake shifted back he ran to me and put his arm around me to support me.

The rest saw us arrive and went to see if everything was ok "you fucking idiot Jacob, you could've killed her like that! " Paul shouted. "PAUL ZIP IT" I yelled at him. He immediately jumped back startled.

Seth walked closer "are you okay? You look pale? " He asked worried "I'm fine Seth, don't worry. Before y'all get mad at Jacob, let's make one thing clear. I followed him because I decided to, not him, me so if y'all have a problem with it, yell at me, not at him. Understood?" I told them with a tone of authority in my voice. I saw Sam smile at me as if he was proud or something while the rest of the pack looked at me a bit scared.

#edited#