Chapter III: Imprint

Jacob

I woke up next morning in a big cave. I looked around to see a hammock, a fire pit, a little waterfal and some stuff that defeninetly belonged to a human. There was nobody there though.

I looked down and realized I had gone back human in my sleep and someone had put some kind of blanket over me. I started to get up but realized I had no clothes underneath the blanket. Crap.

I just sat there under the blanket for a while thinking of what happened yesterday and what I had to do now, when I heard something enter the cave.

I looked back and saw a huge black wolf with piercing, beautiful blue eyes. Then I felt like I was floating. I saw mine and her future pass in front of me in a flash. I would be anything for her, a friend, a brother, a protector, a lover. I felt like she was the one holding me on earth instead of gravity... What the hell is happening.

When I snapped back to reality I saw that she was still in her wolf form but she had backed up and layed down on the floor whining. I didn't really understand what was going on.

"I.... Uh.... What... Hey uhm I, I'm Jacob... " I couldn't even talk properly. What the hell is happening to me.

She slowly came closer and I quickly realised she was carrying some clothes in her mouth carefully. I took them gratefully and she turned around still in her wolf form while I got changed. When I was dressed I went to her side and sat down there. She turned back human when she saw I was just sitting there.

She was gorgeous, with blue eyes and jet black hair.

She looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes and I realized she had tears in her eyes but I couldn't quite tell if they were from sadness or happiness.

"Hey Jacob, I'm Skylar... " She replied with an insecure and shaky voice "Do you remember what happened yesterday? " She asked, taking me a bit off guard with a thick Southern accent.

"I uhm... I just remember running out of the theaters because I felt so warm and then I... I turned into a huge wolf in the middle of the forest and I ran into you and I... I uhm... Yeah I don't remember anything else" I replied.

When I finished talking I saw she was staring at me. "Are you ok? " I asked. "Yeah... Yeah I just..... When you saw my uhm... eyes... Wha... What did you feel? " She asked insecurely. A wave of happiness ran through me. Maybe she had felt the same.

"I uh.. It's difficult to explain. I... I don't really know how to explain it.. " I replied hoping she maybe would be able to explain it and she did. "Like I was the only thing holding you down on earth instead of gravity? That you would be anything for me? You saw our whole future flash in front of you? " She asked. I nodded "we imprinted on each other Jacob. And I can't quite tell if that's good or bad" She replied with a slight layer of worry in her voice.

She probably recognised my confused look because she immediately continued "the person you imprint on is kind of your soulmate like humans would say. You are bond to that person for life, like your other part. A bit like love at first sight but deeper than that. It's frightening but beautiful at the same time" I looked at her as if I was hit by a train "w... What? " I said

"You'll see, come with me " She said as she stood up and walked to the entrance of the cave, I followed still confused.

When we arrived outside the cave I saw a huge wolf pack, they all stared from Skylar to me.