thirty six: the signature.

𝐋𝐞𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

"She asked for a divorce?" Vinny asks as we're on our way to Stella's estate. I'm catching him up on everything that's happened since he asked to come because he's nosy and wants to know what's going on.

"Not only that, the bitch has crazy eyes," Rocco adds and I shake my head.

"That's not the-"

"She had crazy eyes before," Vinny cuts me off.

"They're crazier. Like if she threatened to kill everyone in the estate like she always does... I would've believed her," Rocco says and Vinny slightly gasps.

"I always believe her," he admits.

"Right!!" Rocco agrees and I shake my head.

"We're off-topic... Stella asked for divorce papers which I declined because I don't want her with anyone else but myself. She asked for this meeting and so now we're going," I say and he nods his head.

"This is all pointless because he's not going to change his mind," Rocco adds and I roll my eyes.

"I'm doing this to change her mind," I say and the car goes silent.

Tough crowd, I'm guessing.

"You think you can?" Vinny asks as we come to a stopping point and I turn the car off.

"I'm going to try," is all I say as we step out of the car and walk to the front door.

The guard just stands there and looks at us for a moment. He looks down at his watch and then back at us.

"You're late," he says.

"Traffic," I shortly answer.

"She had a busy day today," he says and I roll my eyes.

"We all did."

Before the guard could answer, the front door opens to reveal Dante and Markus. I watch as the guard freezes up once he notices the look on Markus' face.

"Cosa ti ho detto sull'interrogatorio dei maledetti ospiti? Smettila di trattare Leo come se fosse una stronzata a caso che si è appena presentata alla nostra porta chiedendo un posto dove stare," he cusses him out and my eyes widen.

[What did I tell you about interrogating the goddamn guests? Stop treating Leo like he's some random mother fucker who just showed up on our doorstep asking for a place to stay.]

"Thanks, Markus," I say as I enter the house. Rocco and Vinny follow as they greet him.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asks as he closes the door behind him.

"Meeting with your sister," I say and a confused look grows on his face.

"She's in the shower right now. She should be out in-" he pauses once he notices her walking down the steps with her damp hair and her undergarments. "Now."

"Oh wow," Rocco says as he puts his full attention on her. She freezes once she realizes we're all here... Staring at her in nothing but a bra and underwear.