thirty three: the invitation.

𝐋𝐞𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

I haven't spoken to Stella in three months.

Three fucking months.

I'm giving her the space she asked for. I'm respecting her decision on devoting her time to her Mafia and her family but fuck... I miss her.

I've texted her every now and then. Asking if she's okay and how everything is going.

She never responds.

For a while, I thought she was fucking dead. I had to text Greyson and ask what was up with her. Come to find out she's perfectly fine and she's just been super fucking busy cleaning up her father and brother's mess they left behind.

I also found out that she's been talking to Vinny and Rocco pretty much every day. Vinny's her best friend though so I can't even be mad about it but still... She could at least give me the common decency of telling me that she's alright and not have me thinking she got killed or something.

Every year, my family throws a Halloween party where all of our friends and family, and even some Mafia's, come together and have fun without any problems for one night.

There's always a problem though... Always.

I'm hoping this year it's different though. I wish for that every year and it never happens but still... I've got to have some type of faith in something.

The only problem is whether or not Stella will attend. It would be weird if the wife of the Italian Don doesn't show up to his own party. I could come up with a million excuses but still... People twist stories and say things that aren't true.

Leonardo and Stella are already splitting up and they haven't even been together for an entire year.

The reason Stella didn't attend the party is because she's pregnant and they want to keep her as safe as possible.

Leonardo and Stella are completely sick of each other and decided to split up.

Stella and I are fine.

She just needs space and I'm giving it to her.

But god forbid I tell any of those motherfuckers that.

I look up at my office door to find Vinny standing there with a confused look on his face. I give him the same look back because why the fuck is he standing there and looking at me without announcing his presence?

"Why are you staring off into space?" he asks.

"Why are you staring at me while I'm staring into space?" I shoot back as he walks over to my desk and sits in the chair.

We're at the warehouse today mailing out the last few invitations to the party. I've been in my office while Vinny, Rocco, and Luca have been working with the trainees.

"Fair enough," he responds as he takes the envelope that's sitting right in front of me. I go to take it back but he's quick to pull it to his chest.

"Don't open it," I warn and he looks at the front of the envelope.

"Are you kidding me?" he rolls his eyes as he throws the envelope at me. "You didn't mail it to her yet? You don't want to invite her or something?"

"No, it's just-" I cut myself off. "Have you heard from her?"

"Not in the last few weeks... What does that have to do with anything?" he shrugs.

"Is it because you decided not to text her or because she decided not to answer you?" I ask.