five: the week.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯:

Monday.

I've never wanted to kill myself more in my life than I do now. My head is throbbing and I feel like I just had a night of too much drinking. Fuck, I wish that's what my night consisted of. Surprisingly, no one came in to wake me up at 9.

It's 1 in the afternoon.

I look in the mirror to see that my eyes are all puffy and red. I groan as I walk away from the mirror and open my door.

"Good afternoon Rose," Salvatore greets.

"Have you been standing here all night?" he nods. "Thank you, you really didn't have too."

"No, I did. My job is to protect you, I couldn't sleep knowing that people could barge into your room and see you at one of your most vulnerable time's," he says which puts a huge grin on my face.

"Thank you, seriously, but I don't-"

"Need protecting, I know. I've been hearing you say this since you were 8 years old," my eyes begin to tear up so I pull him into a hug. I know he's not used to this display of affection, especially coming from me, so he hesitant's before he wraps his arms around my smaller frame. "I'll always protect you, little Rose, wether you need it or not. I promised your mother and I'll keep that promise until I'm 6 feet under."

Little Rose.

He gave me that nickname before he even found out my actual name. Him and my mother were best friends as kids and he always called my mother Rose instead of Rosa.

Don't ask me why, Salvatore is a bit strange.

He always thought I was an exact replica of my mother. When he first met me, he instantly said to my mother, "Look Rose, it's little Rose," and the nickname just stuck.

We pull away from the hug and he gives me a warm smile that I return before walking downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning everyone," I greet as I sit in my seat and they all look at me as if I have 10 heads.

"It's afternoon, you're in a good mood," my father says.

Shut the fuck up.

"I should've made myself clear, good morning to everyone except Rafael," I watch as my father tenses and everyone's eyes widen as they pull their attention back to their food.

"You need to calm down, Rose. Your behavior is getting out of hand," he says.

"My behavior? That's rich coming from someone who slapped their daughter," I taunt and he stands up while slamming his fists on the table causing everyone to flinch.

"You fucking deserved it, ingrato pezzo di merda. Everything I did was to protect you and this family," he yells.

[You ungrateful piece of shit.]

"Protect me? You are forcing me to marry some guy you don't even fucking know and you call that protecting me?" I yell as I stand up as well. "Come si sentirebbe la mamma riguardo a questo accordo? O di te che mi schiaffeggi? Hmm, come si sentirebbe?"