Chapter- 27 Her painful past

Start from the beginning

"We try to run away but he stood up again and tried to stab me but my mom reacted fastly and came in between getting the stab on her stomach".

"'Mom"', I screamed from top of my lungs... then he tried to stab me too but my mom hit him on his head with a rock and he passed out".

"She collapsed. mom, I cried. while I am still crying we heard voice of the men who attacked on us".

"Honey, please go away from here run as fast as you can, she said pushing me.
'No mom I don’t want to leave you here', I cried but she didn’t listened".

"Beta please go away, please live long for me, go from here, she said. it’s getting hard for her to speak".
"You asked what gift I want for my birthday, right, I want you to live, live long and happy. I don’t want you to die here so go away and live. If these men found you, fight with them until your last breath but don’t give up. Never ever loose your hope, she said her eyes are closing she couldn't able speak properly".

"Mom", I yelled with fear.

"Sorry beta mom can’t protect you now. You have to protect yourself, please go away from here".

"Promise me princy that you will live no matter what, she asked".
"I don’t know how to react tears are flowing from eyes endlessly. Ok mom I will live, finally I promised her with trembling voice and shivering hands. Hearing that she fainted. Mom, I screamed again and again but she didn’t wake up".

"Those men came to our direction so leaving my mom there, I started running in the rain. In that slippery land, I kept on falling but I stood up every time, I don't know where to go but I didn't stopped running".

"That was the longest night for me. I fought for my life, I struggled so much to be alive. No one heard my screams and cries on the dark night. there's is no one to help me".

"I heard a high pitch scream of my father and also heard them talking that they killed my father and brother too. I am the only one who survived, all my family left me alone in this dark world. After that…", Sanvi burst out crying hard. I hugged her tightly to comfort her.

" They killed my family Sanjay, they made me an orphan. In one night my world turned upside down".
She is broke in my arms and I let her cry.

"It was a terrible feeling looking my mom getting killed infront of my eyes", Sanvi continued.
After half an hour of crying in my arms she broke hug, I wiped her tears. I don’t know what to tell her to comfort her even I, myself broken listening to her painful past so I just sat silently listening her and patted her shoulder for being strong.

She sat straight and said, "I am regretting my decision to came here for a vacation. It’s all my fault. If we hadn’t come here then they would have alive today. I am regretting every second of my life.. I am the reason for my parents death", she sobbed.

"What happened that day is not your fault Sanvi, don’t stress yourself", I comforted her.

"I am a depressed soul, Sanjay. This depression is eating me from inside. I am smiling outside, I am doing great but from inside, I am dying. Every night I close my eyes to sleep, I see my mom covered in blood. Every time I sleep I get nightmares".

"How I can sleep? so I started using pills now I am addicted to those pills. As a doctor I also know that using pills is not good for my health but what can I do", she said in a broken voice.

"I don’t even know where my family is buried, I don’t have their picture either. I only had a pendant as a memory which my mom presented me on my birthday but I missed it too".

"At first, whenever I see blood, it reminded me of my mom’s death but I want to overcome that so I selected my profession as a doctor".

U held Sanvi's hand tightly telling that she is not alone and I am here for her.

"You asked me why my smile never reach my eyes.. how can it reach my eyes when I am smiling outside and screaming from inside. I am missing my mom, missing my family, every second. So many years passed but my scars are fresh like ever", She continued to share her painful past.

All think that depressed people cry always and don’t mingle with anyone but that is not truth... depressed people always smiles outside with others but they depress and regrets at night when there are no one with them. We can’t tell that they are depressing from inside looking at their face because they pretends to be happy with all just like I do.

"They said, time heals every thing but not in my case. I can still feel the pain. Whenever it rains, it reminds me of that night and I will emotionally break down.
Brother Varun helped me so much, he is the only one who knows my past clearly and now you. even Chitra and Vedha doesn’t know anything clearly. But they both always tried to make me happy".

I am listening quietly without asking anything which make her uncomfortable. I am giving comfort by holding her hand and sqeezing it lightly.

She leaned on me seeking comfort so I held her by her shoulder and she rested her head on the crook of my neck.

"Someone said sharing your pain make you feel better however I don’t believe in it but guess what, I feel much better after sharing my pain with you… thank you for listening me patiently Sanjay", she said.

"Anything for you baby", I replied caressing her hair.

"So Sanjay, don’t love me anymore, I am a broken girl with depressed heart. I can't love you the way you want so find yourself a girl who suits you and who loves you the way you deserve", she said still resting her head on my chest holding my hand.

"Not happening in this life baby", I smirked.

"Why?", she asked in disbelief.

"Because I love you".
"From now on, your mother is my inspiration, I am not going to give up on you and I never loose hope", I giggled.
" I will wait for you to love me", I said seriously.

I can’t see her face as she snuggled in to my neck but I can feel her smile.