"So all these years that you, on your own, prior to your bond, have been afraid of soulmate bond....it's all still my fault?" My mother replied, raising her voice.

I kept quiet for a minute, as I thought back to how I felt right after Yoongi and I had bonded. I thought solely about how I felt. And the more I thought about it, the more I realised she wasn't entirely wrong.

I slammed my door shut, hearing the picture frame beside the door fall, since I had rather harshly closed the door. I couldn't bring myself to go back, because now all I wanted, was to crawl up onto my bed, and cry. But I couldn't even make it there, before my legs gave way, and I found myself on the floor.

"Why me?" I whispered, as I silently sobbed to myself. "Why now?"

I spent four years, studying about this. Trying to find any way to help prevent my soulmate bonding. Of course, it was a great interest of mine since I was very young, and I wanted to know more out of curiosity. But I only had a few major reasons to pursue this career, and this was one of them.

I hoped I could maybe find a way, that would prevent me finding my soulmate, or maybe at the very least, buy me the time I needed to later be ready for it. This, along with a few other things, of course was the reason I work as an SBR. And now that I have failed one of my main personal goals, I couldn't help but cry.

That time, when I first bonded with Yoongi, I was afraid. My mother had no input in my life during that point and still, I was scared of even the mere idea of having to rely on someone for energy. My mother had almost no input. Apart from having raised me, with the thought that soulmate bonding ends up exactly like her's had. Apart from that small, but very important detail, I guess there wasn't much involvement on her part.

"Yeah, you're right." I replied sarcastically, with a bitter chuckle. "All those years growing up, with a mother who's bond basically destroyed the very person she was, had absolutely no effect on me."

"Oh please, stop with the dramics-

"I should stop being so dramatic?" I asked, with yet another bitter laugh. "I've heard a lot of that today. And you know what? I may be dramatic, but I know I'm certainly not wrong."

"Ae-Young-

"I'm sorry mother, I have to leave." I replied, getting up from my chair and turning to towards the door. I know I have a habit of doing this, but right now, I didn't want to deal with the current situation. I wanted to leave immediately and forgot this, for a while at least, so I could focus on what's important right now. But still I stopped for a moment, and I turned back. "I hope you get better soon."

After that I headed out of the room as quickly as I could, rushing to get back home because I wanted to get in touch with Yoongi as soon as possible. I took my phone from my bag and without giving it another thought, I tapped on Yoongi's number.

I put the phone up to my ear, waiting and hoping he would answer. I walked down the numerous hallways, almost at the front entrance until I stopped. When I noticed Yoongi hadn't picked up, I looked back at my phone and thought about calling again. Unfortunately however, I didn't get to at that particular moment, for I thought I heard my name being called.

"Ms. Kwan!" I heard, this time for sure. I turned around quickly, looking around for the source of the sound. No one rushed over, no one looked like they had just shouted my name from down the hall, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Even with that weird feeling in my gut, telling me to find out if anyone really did call me, I ignored it and headed on out.

Right now didn't seem like the time to investigate such a small thing. Right now, Yoongi is more important. Or rather, my intention to make things right with him. That's my current priority. So with that in mind, I turned back around and headed for home.

I didn't have the energy to take bus after bus to get home, so I decided that paying for a taxi would have to suffice for today. I don't usually do that, as it costs far too much, but if it's just for today it'll surely be fine. And thanks to the taxi, I got home quicker than I normally would.

Once I reached my apartment building, I ran up the stairs, using basically all the remaining energy I had left to do it. This meant that when I went inside, I walked towards my sofa and collapsed onto it. I let my eyes closing immediately, preparing to fall asleep.

I would have done so too, if only there wasn't a knock on the door.

❀