30-Felix

I stare at Plagg, my chest clenching in a fear that seems to be integrated into my DNA at the sound of this miraculous. By the appearance of Marinette's facial features, she seems to be having the same situation happening to her. Her voice stutters, a nervous habit that presents itself when she is especially shaken up. 

This miraculous must be lethal if we seem to be innately afraid of it. 

We are the holders of creation and destruction, wielding the oldest and most powerful miraculous' in the world. 

If our kwamis, who have been alive since the dawn of time, are worried, then this situation has risen in stakes and dangerous.

"T-the miraculous of souls?" Both our kwamis nod. "What power does it hold Plagg?" The little black cat shudders, Tikki immediately zipping over and comforting him. I have never seen Plagg so distraught. Usually, his actions are dramatic, that is for certain, but never have I seen him in such a genuinely fearful state. The sight brings more concern to the forefront of my mind. Tikki speaks for the two of them, even her little voice shudders. 

"The m-miraculous of souls is a dangerous power. As we were created at the beginning, so was Asnapper, the spider kwami. However, Asnapper was always deceitful and manipulative to his holders. While we attempted to help our masters and mistresses as we offered them our abilities, he decided to use them. He began to feed off their souls, spinning webs of lies, until they were nothing but puppets for his will." My eyes widen, my heart sinking to the floor. Plagg finally speaks up, his voice more raspy than usual.

"When we figured out what Asnapper was doing, me and Sugarcube caged him with our powers along with the help of our holders at the time. Centuries later, he escaped. Back then my kitten was on the run, desperate to find his bug, who had disappeared. Asnapper took his opportunity and soon...he was completely gone. By the time his bug found him, my kitten was dead. His own neck in a rope." Plagg looks away, Tikki consoling him. Marinette seems stunned, as am I for that matter. However, my kwami needs help.

His previous holder had committed suicide due to being under this miraculous' control. 

Walking over, I take the little cat in my palm, gently stroking his head. "I am sorry Plagg, I had no idea you went through that. You and I both understand I am rubbish at this, but if you need me, I am here. After all, you have been here for me for all these years." Plagg stares up at me, and for a moment, I worry I have offended him in some way. Then, he flies up, hovering right in front of my face, his little fin like paws on my skin. His tiny face appears not only stubbornly determined, but also concerned. 

"Listen here kid. You better not do anything, and I mean ANYTHING stupid. I haven't had many kittens be with their bug, but you have. Don't you dare lose her, you got that?" My eyes widen, but I nod. His green eyes soften, nodding along with me. Marinette stares at Plagg and me, her expression one of comfort. Then, her expression turns grim, as if she has remembered another aspect of our predicament. 

"How long until one is completely under the control of Asnapper?" I turn to our kwamis, pondering over the same question. By the description of this kwami, the longer Lie-la is under this miraculous' control, the more dangerous she becomes. We need to come up with a strategy, and quickly. 

There is no doubt in my mind that this will end badly. 

"It's been centuries since we have seen him. But based off of the incident with Plagg's holder, two months maximum. However, we have no clue how long Lila has been working for Asnapper or if his powers have grown in the centuries he has been in hiding. No doubt he had been controlling Emelio Rossi, and now, probably Lila as well." Me and Marinette share a look, silently communicating with our eyes. After all these years of fighting, we work like clockwork. 

"Lila definitely has worked like this partially on her own free will, but most likely her transforming into Monarch was what caused her to start sending that akumatized killer on us was partially Asnapper's doing. What are his abilities?" Tikki and Plagg both look to each other in concern, Plagg looking defeated and Tikki appearing worried.

"He allows his holder in exchange for their souls to be able to use dark magic."