21-Marinette

I can now attest the truth. 

He found out. 

He found out I am Ladybug. 

I stare at him, it had been a few moments after furiously wiping my eyes away from the tears, and I am just sitting there in shock. "You know." It isn't a question, but more of a statement. 

"Yes." I scramble away from him, terrified. But now, that it's sunk in, I'm angry. "Is this been the reason then huh? This whole time you've been acting all high in mighty, trying to help the super heroine of Paris who can't even defend herself, so what's the catch? Are you going to blackmail me or what?" I glare at him, but inside, I am quite afraid. Then, pieces start to fall together. 

Why is Felix so desperate to find Hawkmoth?

Why did he ask me to say those exact words twice? Once as Marinette, the other it was Cat Noir asking Ladybug.

Cat Noir said those exact words. 

It's almost as if...

Just then, Tikki and Plagg come from behind the both of us. The two kwamis confirming my suspicions. 

Felix is Cat Noir. 

"Marinette, please listen to me." I stare at him, trying to comprehend the truth. I should've known. I wasn't careful around him enough. I caused the reveal. I caused a reveal. What happens now? My mind whirls back to one particular akumatization. The one caused by Ladybug and Cat Noir revealing. One of my most difficult akumas to face. The one that still plagues me with nightmares to this day. 

Chat Blanc. 

The thought of him alone sends me wanting to turn back time. Turn back time to stop the events that just took place. I did it before didn't I? Tikki flies over to me, putting herself right in front of my face. 

"Mare, you are not going to undo this! I know I have always attested to your identities staying secret, but right now? An identity reveal is better in the situation we are currently in. Yes you have me and the kwamis, but in the situation you are in, another trusted human is something you need. Cat Noir is your best shot. You need help, we both know that." I stare at my kwami in surprise. Never has this sort of thing happened before. She wants the identities to stay revealed? 

"Kid? Could I have cheese now?" Felix groans, giving Plagg a slice of camembert. Tkki sighs. 

"I don't understand how you like that stuff Plagg. It smells gross!" Plagg smirks. Well, as much a kwami can smirk at least. 

"Come on Sugarcube! Let's let our holders talk it out! We have a couple decades to catch up on!" With the two flying off in the direction of the Miracle Box, and close the door of my dormitory. Turning to Felix, I realize that how exactly identical his eyes are. Gray-blue, deep and hypnotizing. In his eyes however, I see nothing but concern, worry, and... and...

Love.

I never believed him whenever he would speak of his love for me in the beginning. I always rejected him for what I thought was love with Adrien. 

It wasn't love. 

But looking at Felix right now...

Love is all I can see.

But does he love Ladybug?

Or does he love the imperfect, messed up, disastrous me?

"Marinette?" I look down, contemplating my first question. Felix sighs. 

"Marinette. I know you are angry, and you have every right to be. I know you didn't want to reveal. But I wasn't searching to find Ladybug's civilian form. After maturing, I realized that revealing wasn't important. I never wanted to go out of your comfort zone as partners."

"When I was unconscious, did you see my civilian form?"

"No!" I look back up at him, only to see him walking closer to me. I don't back up. "Then how did you find out?" 

"Your eyes. They are the same. Inky bluebell eyes, but now? They are swirling with self loathing delusions when they used to hold such passion. Marinette, as your partner, as your friend, or anything else you want us to be, I am here for you. I just want you to trust me." I only see sincerity in his eyes. He isn't lying. 

The last time someone said that they were there for me, they told me to take the high road. 

But I know now that Felix won't do that on account to what happened when he met Lila and her sheep that used to be my friends, my classmates back in Francis Dupont. 

I finally trust another person. 

I trust Felix. 

"Marinette? Are you alright? You're crying." I give a watery smile, a genuine one. Felix gently wipes a tear away. I hesitantly hug him, and he doesn't need a moment before he embraces me back. "I trust you." Felix holds me tighter, and I can tell the words got to him. 

"That's all I ask Milady. That's all I ask." 

"We have to defeat Hawkmoth Chaton." 

"I know. I know we do, and we will. But right now, you are my priority." 

"Thank you." That's all I can say. "Thank you."