25-Marinette

My world stops moving as the words bounce around on the inside of my skull. 

He has told me so many times as Ladybug and Cat Noir, in the beginning of our war against Hawkmoth. 

But this time, it is different. 

He knows who I am. 

Yet he still loves me. 

My partner. 

My confidant. 

He loves me. 

He stares at me, unsure of himself, and I don't hesitate to follow my heart. I was always so nervous and stressed to talk to Adrien, but now? Now I have it seems to be all the confidence that I usually have as Ladybug, as if I could lift and take away all the problems the akumas bring. Only when I have mon Chaton at my side.  

I kiss him. 

I kiss him letting myself open the gates to my mental wards and pouring out all the emotions I feel into the moment. I don't force these emotions to come into the open, because I'm ready. I just hope he understands the meaning behind the kiss, and the emotions behind them. 

I love you. I'm scared of what the future might hold but I am certain I love you. I trust you. Thank you for always being here for me, both as Marinette and Ladybug. I love you. 

He kisses me back immediately, equally as passionate and emotional. I can almost comprehend what the words he is trying to convey into the kiss. 

I love you. I don't want you to be sad. I love you. It's going to be okay. We're going to be alright. I'm here for you. It's alright. I love you. Thank you for trusting me, for loving me. I love you.

When I pull away, tears are dripping down my face. Not sad, but happy. I'm crying happy tears for the first time in I don't know how long. All these memories that I have made recently mainly involve sadness and distrust but now? Now I know I would do it all over again because it was how I found my kitty. Felix stares at me, a lone tear falling down his own cheek which I wipe away gently. Just like he has done so many times. He does the same with my own tears. 

"I love you Milady." I smile, resting myself back into his arms. "I love you too." I can feel Felix's arms tighten around me, and I know that my words got to him. This is how we sit, held together to keep warm as the snow starts to fall and the wind blows its icy fingers throughout Paris. 

"What do we do Chaton? Somehow Hawkmoth found out about my identity. We don't even know if he knows yours as well. What do we do now?" Felix holds me tighter, stroking my hair softly. It soothes me, calming me down slightly. The unease isn't going away. 

"We can check the files along with the security camera footage. However Bugaboo, I will handle that, you need to go see if your parents are alright." I look down. "Is it bad to say that I'm scared to see them? They don't remember treating me the way they did since they were under akumas' influence, but still. Who knows if Lila has gotten to them in the time between? I want to see them but at the same time, I don't know if I can forgive their actions. Even if they don't know they did it." Felix considers my words for a moment before speaking. 

"I know it hurts. I understand that you were betrayed, but you know that the akuma was at fault to the actions that transpired. All I ask is that you go with an open mind." I nod, agreeing with being open. I don't know if I could forgive them, even if it isn't their fault. 

"Come on Milady." I stare at his outstretched hand, a smile on his face. Not a smirk, but a smile. A real smile. It makes my heart flutter with butterflies dancing around in my stomach. "Where are we going mon Chaton?" 

"To eat dinner. Tomorrow we can sort this out. Okay?" I nod, taking his hands, our fingers interlacing with each other. That's when the lights go out and the sound of familiar menacing laughter fills the air. 

"Ladybug and Cat Noir. Did you honestly believe that you would win? This war is only just beginning."

We both look at each other, knowing that this wasn't going to end well. That's when the sound of a girl laughing crazily fills the air. The door of our dorm opens to reveal a girl with black and white hair, white face, and a black and dark purple assassins' outfit. An akumatized victim.

"Time to die Ladybug and Cat Noir!!!" A knife whizzes through the air towards us, which we barely dodge.

That's when we both take off into the dark hallway. 

Straight into Allegra, Claude, and Allan.