22-Felix

She trusts me. 

She trusts me. 

She TRUSTS me! 

It only now is sinking in. She accepts that I am her partner. She accepts my help. This is a huge step in her recovery! I might be overdoing it a little when it comes to my reaction to the words, but at the moment, I couldn't care less. I have my little bug in my arms, she trusts me, and she's finally opening up. Right at this moment, Hawkmoth, the school, everything fades away. 

Right now, all that matters is my little bug. 

Everything would be perfect, if this wasn't because of Marinette being traumatized from losing all she loves. 

"Felix? We need to intercept my laptop before it gets too late." 

Or that.

"I know Felix, but the longer we prolong our fight with Hawkmoth you know the more dangerous it becomes." I sigh, releasing my embrace from her, but still holding her hands gently, a sign of reassurance. "You always were stubborn." She laughs, still overcoming the breakdown only moments before. 

"I learned from the best Chaton." Now it's my turn to laugh. "You always seem to find a better side to any situation don't you Milady?" Marinette shrugs, looking down in what seems like embarrassment. 

"Says the boy who always seems to find me in some kind of mental breakdown." I give a concerned look. "That is not your fault Marinette. That was due to everyone turning their back on you, when you were nothing but a loyal friend." I watch Marinette sit down on her bed again, looking like the life was draining out of her a little bit. No doubt the reveal was tiring for her. But the horror...

"Why were you so terrified Marinette?" 

"What?" 

"When the reveal happened, you appeared terrified. Why were you so scared? If I may ask for course." She sighs, and sits down, our kwamis joining us. 

"Mare, why don't you save that story for another time? Someone is coming!" My eyes widen when I finally notice the incoming footsteps. 

"Tikki, Plagg, hide!" The two nod and Plagg follows Tikki into a small drawer, completely hidden from visibility. Just in time for a knock to be heard at the door on my dormitory. I look back at Marinette who nods at me, telling me it was okay to answer the door. When Allegra answers, I internally sigh with relief, glad it isn't Claude. 

"I heard some voices and a dud. What in the bloody hell is happening Agreste?" I wince, letting her inside. "Nothing Allegra, just having a bit of a talk with Marinette."

"About what?"

"There were some files I was confused on. Anyway, why are you here Allegra?" Allegra grabs a stapled pile of papers and holds them out towards Marinette.

"I thought this would be of some use to you mate." Marinette takes them, reading the contents. Her eyes go wide which makes me grow concerned. When she runs over to the blonde girl and hugs her tightly laughing in delight, I breathe a sigh of relief. It must be a bit of good news, which is what she needs at the moment. In all this mess, it is rejuvenating that she is excited about an aspect of her life. 

She deserves it. 

Marinette she's...

She's incredible.

"I'm happy for you girl, but you need to show Felix your designs. They are simply brilliant." It must have something to do with her fashion abilities. 

From Marinette's excitement...

This could be the perfect distraction. 

The perfect way to help her cope from all the hell she has been through these past few weeks.