27-Marinette

My eyes widen in horror at the sound of that laughter. 

The one that ruined my life back in Francois Dupont.

Lila Rossi.

How? How did she manage this? But then again, why am I not surprised? I desperately turn to Viperion, waiting for the second chance that will remove us from this fate, but my heart sinks into my stomach at the truth. The snake hero's eyes are wide in panic, his fingers fumbling with his miraculous. The second chance isn't working. Lila just laughs. 

"Aww? You think that is going to work? How adorable. You see, I knew you would plan something like that, but I have a little secret I am generous enough to indulge with you. I provided the ability for this akumatization to have a shield of sorts. A prevention from moves like second chance that would foil my plans. Now, why we get down to business hmmm? We will meet at the Eiffel Tower at 10pm. You will give me your miraculous, and well... I leave the rest to be a surprise!" Lady Beast speaks up first. 

"What makes you think that we'll listen to you?! Killing an innocent but being away from the actual fight?! Cowardice you bloody git!" Lila just laughs, the smirk on her face telling me that she knew this was coming. 

"I had a feeling you would ask that. You see, I have a bit of a secret. If you don't, you will meet the wrath of a fate that should have happened in the past but was eradicated. What was it called? Chat Blanc? Ring a bell Ladybug?"  My heart drops to my feet. The white villain that had caused me to have subtle PTSD from the experience. 

How?

How does she know?!

I made sure the only leftovers of that horrible timeline were the nightmares that still leave tears pooling from my eyes. No one knew, no one ever heard about that awful place. That awful time where Paris was deserted and underwater; where my precious kitty was decked in white, paler than a sheet. 

The time where I nearly died at the claws of the one, I trusted most. 

I turn to all of the other heroes working with us. Their expressions are ones of worry and guarded fear. They're trying to hide it but after having this as a job for a few years, I know the look of fear, even if it is attempted to be hidden away. 

"Ladybug, what was that about?" I look over at Viperion. "Don't talk to anyone about this. Since the akumatized victim now is immune to your abilities, most likely the others will too. I need you to return your miraculous to me; all of you." Cat Noir looks at me with wide eyes. I give him a glance, which he nods at. 

"Ladybug, we can help!" I shake my head. "You've done enough. I will call you in case your powers are needed. The best course of action for now is to keep as many miraculous as possible hidden." They all nod, before me and Cat Noir lead them into a janitor's closet. While I take the miraculous' separately, Cat Noir keeps the others in a safe area, so the identities of our allies aren't revealed. Once we're done, and our four friends have been sent on their way, me and Cat Noir head to our dorm and detransform. 

"Who the hell is Chat Blanc?" 

Here it is, the question I've been regretting. The memories, the horror, the pain filled voice calling my name even though I was Ladybug. I look back at him, taking his appearance in fully. 

His hypnotic blue-gray eyes that hold my gaze whenever I stare at them.

His slicked back blonde hair that is always styled impeccably. 

His expression of worry and concern.

His formal shirt, vest, tie, and slacks that are slightly wrinkled for the day's events. 

"Chat Blanc was an akuma I fought for Bunnyx back before Miracle Queen. He had been created in the near future thanks to the events of that current timeline. He was the most dangerous akumatized victim I had ever fought to date." Felix's brow furrows.

"If he was so dangerous, why didn't I help fight?" 

I can't do it.

I can't look at him. 

My eyes find the floor as I choke the words out.

"Kitty, the victim was you."