37| Blue Knock-back |

Mulai dari awal

"Fill me up then."Mukhtar stated relaxing on his chair and Rufaidah hit his arm. "What?"He asked seeing the look on both of their faces.

"There is absolutely nothing to fill you in about."Rufaidah retorted with an eye roll. She is just acting as if she doesn't want to hear about it too, but she is dying to hear it. Mufida started telling Rahma and her about what happened after she was discharged from the hospital the second time, but she stopped at when she got a message from Hisham because the one and only Mukhtar had to barge in at the wrong time.

Mufida chuckled lightly. "Okay guys, I've to go and get coffee, you in?"She asked and they shook their head. She picked up her bag and phone before standing up. "I'll be right back."with that she left for the cafeteria.

Rahma bumped into her on her way, and the file she was holding fell on the floor. "Oh thank goodness you're here."Rahma said picking up the file. "Please give this test reports to Dr. Hisham, I just got a call from home my mother is sick and I've to go, so please."

Mufida smiled faintly at her and said. "Yeah sure, wishing your mom quick recovery."Rahma muttered a 'thanks' before walking away.

Mufida sighed deeply staring earnestly at the file she was holding. God why ? She has been doing well in avoiding him and now this ? She will have to help Rahma but she don't want to meet with him, not now maybe soon tho.

But she isn't even sure of that.

Mufida reluctantly made her way to his office, she knocked softly and got a response from him. She pushed the door open and entered her head down, she knew she was guilty.

"Sir, this file."Hisham looked up immediately at her, he knew the voice so well that he recognized her. It has been long since last he saw her. "From Rahma."Mufida awkwardly dropped the file on his desk when he made no intention of collecting it but staring at her.

She turned to leave but his words stopped her. She knew that sooner or later she will have to face him, but this isn't the right time. What can she do ? Exactly, nothing.

"Sit, we need to talk."

His voice, he always have this arrogant-ic attitude whenever he is giving orders. Mufida couldn't help but wonder whether he was asking her to sit or ordering her to, literally.

Mufida flashed him a fake smile before sitting down.

"I never heard from you."Hisham started and Mufida looked up at him, he looked nervous but the way he sounds didn't make it visible.

"Uh...I.."

Hisham cut in, "I need urgent answers."

Like what the-

Mufida felt the urge to roll her eyes, it's clear that they're never meant to be because she can't handle his egoistic attitude, she is just keeping quite because he is her boss.

"No."Mufida replied, curtly.

Hisham arched his brows at her. "What do you mean 'No?"

"We were never meant to be, I mean we're two different people, there is no.."Hisham cut her off again.

"Don't beat around the bush, can't you tell me the truth ? That you love Haidar and not me?"

Now he is overpassing his limits.

Mufida took in sharp breath to calm herself down, she is afraid that anytime from now she will blow off, she is being patient for now.

"It's not what you think."Mufida corrected shaking her head at him.

"But that's what it seems like."Hisham replied rubbing his temples lightly. "You were avoiding me because of him, right?"

"I've to go sir."Mufida stood up and started for the door but his words stopped her again.

"Think about it once again."

There is certainly nothing there to think about. Mufida nodded briefly without uttering a thing and left. She was so stupid to even think of giving Hisham a chance, is this the way he will be treating her ? Like he own her or she is a gadget to him ?

Hell No !

"So you're staying here ?"Humaira asked, after Amina cooled down for the day, she called her up the next day and she told her the location of her uncle's house, and here she is chattering away with her best friend in the living room.

"For now."Amina replied taking a sip of her Chapman drink.

"What do you mean for now, ain't you staying here permanently?"

"I'm not there is no way I'm staying here, is so hard for me to ignore everything. I called up Kaka to complain to her but we talked about something else, she was the one doing the talking she couldn't even understand that I was in pain."Amina stated, and faked a smile. "But I'll end soon."

"Why are you keeping quite ? You should deal with her."Humaira advised, with a threatening look, she looked scary. If she was the one in Amina's place then pity Halima, she won't spare her.

Amina was about to reply back when the ringtone of her phone interrupted her. She glanced at the caller who happened to be Fa'iza, Kaka's niece.

Amina picked up the call and she waited for Fa'iza to speak up but instead she kept hearing silent cries. "Aunty Fa'ee are you okay ? Why are you crying?"She asked, getting worried.

Humaira gave her a questioning to look to which she returned with the same.

"Kaka....s-she..."

Amina stood up quickly. "What ? What happened to Kaka?"

Yooooo !

How are you all doing ?

I hope you are all doing well, Alhamdulillah !

Here is another update for today, I hope you've enjoyed it.

So, who do you think was the girl that visited Muhammad ?

I know you must be thinking of Humaira but she isn't the one 😂😂😂

And kaka 🥺 any ideas what happened ?

I hope it's not what I'm thinking ? God !

And I also wanted to say something, I'll try my very best to finish this book before Ramadan as there will be no update during Ramadan, I'm always off wattpad during Ramadan. But we'll see how it goes, I really hope I'll be able to finish it before then.

Okay byeee!!!

Ria ❤️