51| At Peace |

Maiduguri, Nigeria.
Saturday, 12:54 pm.

"Are you sure you aren't tired?"Hisham questioned Amina. They arrived at maiduguri by 11 am but the driver who was supposed to pick them up hasn't showed up yet.

"I told you I'm not tired."Amina replied with an eye roll. Even though she is happy she is finally in Maiduguri, she can't help but feel a little bit of sadness because of Hisham, he won't leave her alone.

But now, she will make sure she doesn't go back to Abuja. No matter what.

"Let me call up Baba and check why the driver isn't here."Hisham said, brought out his phone and dialed his father's number, before his dad could pick up the call, the driver arrived. Amina recognized him immediately.

Amina heaved a sigh of relief and picked up her luggage which contain all her clothes, Hisham couldn't shut his mouth off, he kept on asking why she is using a big bag for only a week.

Well, she isn't staying for a week, but forever.

"You took so long to get here, is there a problem?"Hisham asked, placing the luggage in the boot.

"There was traffic on the way, I'm sorry sir."Hisham gave a slight nod and entered the back seat together with Amina, and they drove off to Fa'iza's house.

Amina focused her blurry eyes on the window side. She have no idea why her eyes is welling up with tears, maybe because she missed Maiduguri and everything attached to it, especially Kaka.

She don't know how to make her uncle understand, no matter how hard she tries to make everyone understand they won't get it. She has been lonely since childhood. Her uncle is more worried about fulfilling his brother's silly wish than her happiness. What's the use of marrying her off without her consent ?

Isn't it their duty to make her happy ? Instead of depriving her of happiness ?

She doesn't want to get married, not to Hisham and not now. She isn't ready for anything as such. If Kaka was here then, none of this would've happened. No one would think of forcing her into marriage.

How could she be so unfortunate ?

Why is it that no matter what she is the one suffering all the time ?

Even if it was her father's wish to get her married to Hisham, if he is still alive he won't force her into it, he won't marry her off if she isn't happy about it, that's for sure.

Then why are they trying to force her as if they own her or she is their possession ?

They took care of her needs and she will say it a thousand times that she is grateful for that. She has always obeyed and followed their instructions; Meema study this, do that, don't do that. She obeyed each and everything but marriage ?

Not possible.

"Meema...."Hisham called out to her, Amina was still stuck in her own thoughts. "Amina..."he snapped.

Amina shrieked, and turned to look at Hisham. He furrowed his eyebrows at her questioningly and asked. "Why are you crying ? Are you okay?"

She had no idea she was crying, she quickly wiped off the tears and fake a smile at him. "Yes."and got out of the car avoiding eye contact with him.

The driver helped her with her luggage and she was quick to start for the door when Hisham blocked her way.

"I asked you a question, answer me."Hisham stated a little bit loud. His hands placed gently against his chest as he stared down at her eyes.

Amina shut her eyes tightly, and tilted her head away. "I said I'm okay."

"Then why are you crying?"He arched his brows at her.