Chapter Twenty Four

Aries’s P.O.V
Winter had come around and the four of us had made it into Hogsmeade, “this is mad. Who’d want to be taught by me? I’m a nutter, remember” Harry said to us, “look on the bright side, you can’t be any worse than an old toad face.” Ron told him and I chuckled, “I think she’s more than a toad to be honest.” I said to him, “thanks Ron and Aries.” Harry said to us, “we’re here for you mate.” Ron told him, “who’s supposed to be meeting us, then?” Harry asked, “just a couple of people.” Hermione answered as we walked into a pub, “lovely spot.” Ron mentioned, “I think it looks alright.” I said to them, “I thought it would be safer off the beaten track.” Hermione said to us before we walked inside and waited for the others. After a while, everyone had arrived and I was sitting with Fred and George as there was a moment of silence before Hermione spoke up, “hi. So you all know why we’re here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who’s had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts.” Hermione said to everyone, “why?” a boy asked her, “why? Because You-Know-Who’s back you tosspot.” Ron said to him, “so he says” the boy said, “so Dumbledore says.” Hermione mentioned, “so Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where’s the proof?” the boy said and I stood up, “Stop. So what if there’s proof. For all we know everyone could be lying about what they’re saying, but I know for a fact Harry isn’t because I know no one is insane enough to lie about this. Who knows whether or noth the Ministry is telling the truth about what they're saying either on the matter so instead they're blaming my father for what's been going on recently, so think on that why don’t you. Other than that, I suggest you drop it and listen to what they have to say.” I said before sitting down and George grabbed my hand, “if Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed.” Another boy mentioned Cedric, “I’m not going to talk about Cedric, so if that’s why you’re here, you mine as well clear out now or listen to Aries.” Harry told them before he whispered to Hermione before Luna spoke up, “is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?” she asked Harry, finally switching the topic, “yes. I’ve seen it.” Hermione told her, “So have I.” I mentioned to them, “Blimey Harry. I didn’t know you could do that” Dean said to him, “and he killed a Basilisk with the Sword in Dumbledore’s office.” Neville mentioned, “it’s true.” Ginny said, “in third year, he fought off about a hundred Dementors at once.” Ron mentioned to them, “and last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh.” Hermione said, “wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn’t know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help.” Harry began to say to everyone, “he’s just being modest.” Hermione said before Harry continued, “no, Hermione, I’m not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there when you’re a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes. You don’t know what that’s like.” Harry said to everyone before sitting back down, “you’re right Harry, we don’t. That’s why we need your help. Because if we’re going to have any chance at beating… Voldemort.” Hermione said before Nigel spoke up, “he’s really back?” Nigel asked and Harry lightly nodded.

Eventually, myself and everyone else had written their names on a piece of paper before they all started to leave and the twins, myself, Ginny and Neville walked back to the Castle with Harry, Ron and Hermione as we talked about where to go when the meetings start, “right. First we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won’t find out.” Harry mentioned, “the Shrieking Shack.” Ginny suggested, “it’s too small.” Harry said to her, “the Forbidden Forest?” Hermione suggested, “not bloody likely.” Ron said to her, “I agree with Ron on that one.” I said to her, “Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?” Ginny asked him, “who cares. I mean, it’s sort of exciting, isn’t it, breaking the rules?” Hermione said to us, “the hell happened to Hermione Granger.” I said to her, “agreed, who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?” Ron said and we both chuckled, “anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today.” Hermione said, “what’s that?” Harry asked her, “Cho couldn't take her eyes off you, could she?” Hermione said to Harry as we made it to the Castle grounds, “right. Over the next few days, we should each come up with a couple of possibilities of places we can practice. We've got to make sure, wherever it is, there’s no chance she can find us.” Harry told us and we agreed as we made it inside and back to the Common Room. after some time had past of talking about what to do, Neville had walked in and came over to us and told us that he had found something and we soon followed him to where it was only to see a door appear on the wall before walking inside, “you’ve done it Neville. You found the Room of Requirement.” Hermione said to him, “the what?” Ron asked wondering, “it’s also known as the come and go room. The Room of Requirement only appears when a person has a real need for it. And it’s always equipped for the seekers' needs.” Hermione said to us, “so, say you really needed the toilet” Ron said as the door went away, “bloody hell Ron. I’m curious as to what goes on in your head.” I said to him, “Charming Ronald. But yes, that is the general idea.” Hermione said to him, “It's brilliant. It’s like Hogwarts wants us to fight back.” Harry said to us and I smiled a bit, “I guess this is the place then?” I asked them, “yes. This is where we will meet after classes. And as far as I know, Umbridge doesn’t know about it.” Harry said as he turned around before we walked out of the Room of Requirement and talked about what we were going to do first.

It was another day and we had finally started our meetings in the Room of Requirement and we were all standing in two lines as both Harry and Neville were in the front and Neville tried before his wand flew past everyone as we ducked so we wouldn’t get hit by it, “you’re just flourishing your wand to much. Try it like this, Expelliarmus” Harry said to Neville as Harry showed him and for the rest of the time we were there, we practised what we could and as time went, we continued meeting after classes were over and one day, we were going to practice stunning as everyone stood across from each other as Harry explained, “Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It’s sort of a Wizards bread and butter really. So um, come on then Nigel. Give it your best shot.” Harry said as he walked to the other side and after a moment had gone by, Nigel had finally done something, “Stupefy” he said and it managed to do something as it knocked the both of them back and I chuckled a bit before Harry managed to get himself up, “good. Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done.” Harry said to Nigel and we continued as it was now Ron and Hermione’s turn and they eventually stood on either end as some of them cheered a little for Ron before I noticed Fred and Geroge betting on them, “are you serious?” I asked them and they both smirked and nodded, “alright fine, I bet two on Hermione then.” I said to them and we shook on it and before Ron could do anything, Hermione had beaten him to it, “stupefy” she said sending Ron back and I chuckled before Fred had given both George and I a sickle before Ron walked up to us, “I let her do that. It’s good manners, isn’t it? It was completely intentional.” Ron said to us, “whatever.” I said laughing a bit. When the lessons were over, both Nigel and I were the first to walk out as I noticed Mr. Filch sitting, as he ate and made sure Nigel knew that it was alright for them to go on until everyone was out and the both of us had made it back to the Common Room for the night.

As time went on, we continued to practice in the Room of Requirement and Professor Umbridge recently began to question students and we continued to practice in the Room of Requirement as the Holiday’s grew closer as we continued to practice the simpler spells on each other and we soon began practising them on the manikin that was in the room until Ginny had turned it into dust, “Reducto” she said as she casted the spell on it, “that was Bloody brilliant.” I said to Ginny as the sand of the manikin sunk through the grate in the floor and later on when the lesson as over, everyone had gone back to their Common Rooms for the night and I sat by the window as I just wanted to think to myself for a bit wondering what was going to happen now that Voldemort was really back until I was brought out my thoughts when I heard George speak up, “how are you doing? Are you feeling alright?” he asked me and I nodded letting out a sigh, “could be better. I just wish more people would believe Harry. Especially the Ministry. I will never understand what they have against him and Dumbledore. Harry is like a brother to me and I can’t imagine what he’s going through behind all of this.” I said to George and he held my hand, “I don’t blame you for feeling this way, love. I’m sure Ron and Hermione feel the same way about it all as well. But no matter what, he will always have us no matter what, he will never be alone alright.” He told me and I just nodded, “I think that’s the smartest thing I’ve ever heard you say.” I said to him and we both chuckled, “I think you’re right about that.” he said and we continued to talk as we got things off our chest throughout the rest of the night before going to bed that night. As the Holidays grew closer, we had continued practising in the Room of Requirement and one day, Neville had eventually managed to get one of the spells as he disarmed one of the Patil sisters and everyone congratulated him on it as well and when we were done for the day, we had all gathered around before Harry spoke up, “so that’ it for this lesson. Now, we’re not going to be meeting again until after the Holidays. So just keep practising on your own as best you can. And well done, everyone. Great, great work.” Harry said to us before we all clapped before grabbing our things and I was walking with Ginny before I noticed her look back and realised she was looking at Harry and I smiled, “you like him don’t you?” I asked her and she smiled a bit before it faded, “what’s wrong?” I asked her as we made our way to the Common Room, “I do like him but it sucks that he likes someone else.” she said and I sighed a little, “don’t worry too much about it alright. I hope that in time, he will come to feel the same way. I felt the same way when I started catching feelings for George.” I told her and she smiled a little, “thanks, I guess I needed that.” she said and I smiled as she hugged me before we made it to the Common Room for the night.