Chapter Seventeen

Aries’s P.O.V
It was another day and the weather was getting warmer as well as it was now the third and final Task and everyone were in the stands and I was sitting with the twins and before the task had begun, I had made a small banner for Harry and all four of them had made their way out along with the others who came with them and Dumbledore had managed to get everyone to quiet down, “Sonorus. Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the TriWizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. now , as Mr. Diggory-” Dumbledore say before most of them had cheered for him before Dumbledore continued, “and Mr. Potter.” he said as we cheers for him, “are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss. Delacour” Dumbledore said as their schools cheered them on as well, “the first person to touch the cup will be the winner. No, I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather around. Quickly.” Dumbledore said and they had done so as he talked with the four of them and by the time he was done, he spoke up again, “Champions, prepare yourselves.” he said to them and they had done so, “on the count of three. One-” Dumbledore began to count down before the Cannon had gone off as everyone soon clapped and cheered for them as both Harry and Cedric had gone into the maze first before Krum and Fluer had eventually done the same not long after and the entire time of waiting, I held onto George’s hand tightly before I felt him nudge me, “are you alright love?” he asked me, getting me out of my daze, “yeah, I’ll be alright.” I told him, loosening my grip on his hand.

After a while, both Fleur and Krum were the first two to come back and as of now, we just have to wait for Harry and Cedric to make it back as well and it was starting to get dark outside as minutes grew into hours before Harry and Cedric had finally come back and everyone cheered for the both of them and I realised something was wrong when I heard someone screaming and I immediately rushed over to Harry as I noticed that he was crying, “Harry what happened?” I asked him as Dumbledore came over and tried prying him off of Cedric, “for god’s sake Dumbledore what’s happened.” I heard the Minister ask him, “he’s back. He’s back. Voldemort’s back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn’t leave him, not there.” Harry told us, “it’s alright Harry. It’s alright. He’s home. You both are.”Dumbledore told Harry, “keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed.” the Minister said whispering the last part, “the body must be moved, Dumbledore. There are too many people.” the Minister said to him before Cedric’s father came rushing through I moved out of the way, “that’s my son. That’s my boy.” Amos said as he fell to his knees before Harry was dragged away as Amos cried in agony at the loss of his son Cedric and I began to cry a little myself and after a moment had gone by, Dumbledore had come to me and pulled me aside, “I want you to go to Harry. I have a bad suspicion about Professor Moody. I’ll be there shortly.” he told me and I nodded, “you’re not the only one with that feeling Professor.” I said before walking away and went to find Harry. By the time I found him at Professor Moody’s office, I had seen Harry sitting down on a stool, “how’s he doing?” I asked, “he’ll be alright. Glad you’re here, he could use someone he trusts right now.” Professor Moody told me before I sat down with Harry as he held his arm to his chest, “does it hurt, that?” Professor Moody asked him, motioning to his arm, “not so much now.” Harry told him, “perhaps I better take a look at it.” he said to Harry and looked at the cut in his arm as it was covered in blood, “the cup was a Portkey. Someone had Bewitched it.” Harry mentioned and I was about to ask him something before Professor Moody spoke up, “what was it like? What was he like?” he asked Harry, “what are you on about?” I asked him, getting worried, “who?” Harry asked him, “the Dark Lord.” Professor Moody mentioned before he walked away and I slowly grabbed my wand out of my back pocket, “what was it like to stand in his presence?” he asked Harry, “I don’t know. It was like I’d fallen into one of my dreams, into one of my nightmares.” Harry told him as I noticed something was wrong with Professor Moody, “Professor Moody, are you alright?” I asked him not knowing what else to say or do at the moment as it looked like he was panicking, “were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?” Professor Moody asked and that was when I realised that he wasn’t Professor Moody at all and looked at Harry.

After a moment, Harry had finally realised and spoke up about it.“I- I don’t think I said anything about a graveyard, Professor.” Harry told him before he walked back to us and I held up my wand just in case, “who are you?” I asked him, “don’t you worry about that.” he told me before looking at Harry, “Marvellous creatures, dragons, aren’t they? Did you think that miserable oaf would’ve led you into the woods If I hadn’t suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would’ve told you to open the egg underwater if I hadn’t told him first myself? Did you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder, could’ve provided you with Gillyweed if I hadn’t given the book that led him straight to it?” he asked Harry as he walked around the room, “Aries was right, she had a feeling. It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the Goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum, but you-” Harry began to say before Moody cut him off, “but- but, you won because I made it so Potter. You ended up in that Graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done.” Moody said, grabbing Harry’s arm, “the blood that runs through these veins runs within the Dark Lord.” Moody continued as he walked away only to turn back looking slightly different, “Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter” he began to say and I was about to do something before Moody managed to knock me out.