41

24 Days After Part Two

Overlooking POV

"A toast, to Agent Petrova. You are brave, selfless, caring and bold. Thank you for risking your life to save my family and to save this team. Your sister would be so damn proud." Clint announces, and everyone raises their glasses again. 

Nina embarrassingly raises her glass as well, giving a wink to Clint, and thanks the crowd before finishing off her champagne. After the toast, everyone goes back to mingling, while Steve and Sam continue their game of pool. 

"The party has arrived!" A shout comes from the door, and Thor appears in a suit, smiling at everyone. He goes to greet Clint, where he was filled in on what had just happened moments before he arrived, and he laughs, making his way over to Nina at the bar. 

Thor wraps his large hand on Nina's shoulder, causing her to turn around and he pats her back forcefully, making her spill her new drink. 

"I knew I always liked you." He tells her, and she smiles handing him a beer from the back of the bar. 

Meanwhile, Sam had just finished the game of pool, sinking the 8 ball right in the hole. 

"That's $10." Sam brags to Steve, and he pulls out his wallet, handing him the cash, and rolls his eyes. 

"How's that going for you?" Sam adds, noticing Steve's eyes are now fixated on Nina, talking to guests, making her way around back to her comfort zone, Wanda and Yelena. 

"I just can't wrap my head around it." Steve answers, and Bucky comes around to join them, patting Steve on his back. 

"You're going to have to talk to her at some point. But I know, Sam knows and you know, she did what she had to do." Bucky chimes in, and Sam nods agreeing, before Bucky leaves their sides and walks towards Nina and the other girls. 

"Are we going to talk about how badass of a team we were or what?" Yelena mentions, and the four of them laugh. 

"So, you sticking around this time or what?" Bucky asks Nina, and she narrows her eyes at him, and entangles her arm with Bucky's, leaning her head on his arm. 

"You can't get rid of me that easily." Nina comments, lifting her head back up and looking up at him. "Besides, I'm like your best friend, who are you going to talk to?" Nina adds, teasing Bucky and he rolls his eyes. 

"Don't worry, I plan to stick around." She adds, and lets go of Bucky's arm. 

Time goes by quick, celebrating and getting drunk. Nina and Steve have been glancing at each other all night without a word. 

"Go on and get your girl." Sam advises Steve, and he nods, putting his beer down and gathering up the courage to go talk to Nina. The first time in a few hours. 

"Do you mind if I steal the woman of the hour?" Steve asks his friends, and they all nod, smirk or even give a thumbs up to Steve, walking away, leaving Nina and Steve alone. 

"Hi." Nina starts, and Steve smiles at her. 

"Wanna get out of here?" Steve asks, and Nina smirks, setting her glass down. 

"I thought you'd never ask." She teases, and takes Steve's arm, following him outside, and getting into a car with him. 

The ride is quiet, but Steve can't help but notice Nina's slit in her dress, looking at her exposed thigh. Just like he always has, every time she shows some skin. 

"Eyes up here Cap." Nina speaks up, and Steve clears his throat, refocusing his eyes on the road. Nina smirks to herself, that she still has that effect on him. 

Steve parks on the road, both of them getting out of the car. They're back in Brooklyn, and Nina smiles looking up at the building. Knowing exactly where they are, Steve's favorite spot. Where they had their first date. They walk up to the roof, Nina walking to the edge, looking out on the city skyline. 

"You know, I finally read Nat's letter." Nina mentions, and then Steve joins beside her. 

"Nina, that's great." He answers, being very surprised at the major step Nina has taken. 

Nina shakes a bit, rubbing her arms to warm up, and Steve notices, taking off his suit jacket, and covering Nina's shoulders with it, and smiles at her. 

"I thought I lost you, and then couldn't believe it when you came back." Steve expresses, and Nina turns to him, taking his hands in hers, and giving a weak smile. 

"You never lost me. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true. Even when I lost my memories, I always gravitated towards you. And when I got my memories back, I couldn't wait to tell you, because..." 

"Because what?" Steve asks, needing Nina to say more, and she smiles, putting her hands on his chest, while his lead to her waist. 

"Because, I realized how much you changed me." Nina answers, Sliding her hands up to the back of his neck, to be closer to him. "You made me realize that I deserve love, deserve family, and deserved redemption, and for that I love you. I'm in love with you." 

Steve's jaw drops a little, trying to decide if what he heard was right, and he finally smiles at her. 

"You what?" He asks, and she chuckles, hiding her face in his chest, before lifting it back up again. 

"I love you soldier." Nina repeats, and Steve's smile is the biggest she's seen.

"I love you spider." Steve adds, and he cups her cheeks, pulling her in for a needy kiss. 

They stay like that for a second, before Steve finally pulls back a little, their foreheads resting against each other's. Nina turning back to face the city, and Steve wraps his arms around her from behind. 

"Now what?" Steve asks, and Nina chuckles. 

"Now we just get to see where this life takes us. Together." 

-

Last chapter of the story!!! I have a cute little bonus for you after this :)