36

19 Days After

I've been locked away in Tony's lab for the past 2 days, trying to avoid anyone at all costs. Digging into Sharon, trying to find more dirt on her so I can just find a way to snake my way to save Clint's family. 

After a few hours, I sneak off to the kitchen to find something to eat, when I finally look at my phone with a couple of texts from Steve. 

You snuck off before I could kiss you

How's Tony's lab?

Off with Sam for a couple of hours

Wanda comes out of the elevator, making eye contact with me and quickly looking away, running off to her room. I purse my lips, and set my water down and make my way to Wanda's room. I knock a few times, and she opens the door with her powers. I see her pacing back and forth in her room, and I shut the door behind us. 

"Wanda." I start, and she stops pacing and sits on the edge her bed. 

"Where's Vision?" I ask, and she looks up at me finally. 

"Out with the other boys I think." She answers dryly, and I sigh. I sit next to her, and rest my hand on her knee. 

"Wanda, I heard your conversation with Sharon." I blurt out, and she looks up at me with wide, scared eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what else to do." She apologizes, with tears filled in her eyes, and I pull her in for a quick hug. 

"It's okay." I reassure her, but she's surprised by my agreement and words, until someone comes busting through the door. 

"No, it is not okay!" Bucky surprises us, and I stand to face him. 

"Bucky, what the hell?" 

"Sorry, but I knew something was up. So, I stayed back, and good thing I did, but this plan sounds like shit!" Bucky speaks up, and I shake my head. 

"Nina, he's right. You're getting your memories back, and I can't take those away from you." Wanda takes my hands in hers, but I pull away to face the two of them. 

"I was meaning to tell you, but I got my memories back. All of them." I mention, and Wanda is taken back, and throws her hands up.

"More reason not to manipulate your brain!" Wanda argues.

"Did you even tell Steve that you got them back?" Bucky chimes in, and I shake my head. 

"I was going to last night, but then..." 

"Then you heard Sharon threatening me." Wanda finishes for me, and I nod defeatedly. 

"We're talking about Clint's kids here. My nieces and nephews, and I'm not risking their lives." I put my foot down. 

"So what the hell do we do?" 

I sigh, and motion Wanda and Bucky to take a seat, and they do. I put my hands on my hips, and drop my head for a second. 

"You're not going to change my feelings about Steve, but you're going to suppress them until we can make sure Laura and the kids are safe." I answer.

"And how the hell are we going to do that?"

"Okay, this is what we're going to do. It's only going to work if you two do exactly as I say." 

When I hear the door click open, I wake up, rubbing my eyes, not even remembering when or how I fell asleep. Steve sneaks in, and smiles at me gently when he realizes I'm awake. 

"Hey sweetie." He starts, sitting next to me, and holds my cheek. For some reason, I gently push his hand away from me, and he furrows his eyebrows. 

"Steve, we should talk." I mention, and he shifts, straightening up his posture. 

"If this is about yesterday, I thought we were past that." Steve brings up, and I shake my head, getting out of the bed to stand while he watches me from the bed. 

"It's not. I just think maybe, we're going too fast, and I need time for myself." I blurt out, and I can't think for the life of me, why I'm saying what I am. 

"Wait, we can work this out." But, I shake my head, taking a step back when he stands up. 

"We'll still have missions together, we both live here, and we can maybe be friends. But, I think I need to sleep in a different room." I insist, and he starts to say something, but there's a knock on the door. He opens the door, and we're greeted by Bucky.

"Hey, Fury wants to see us." Bucky informs us, and I walk out behind Steve, who's stormed through Bucky and beat us to the conference room. I sigh, and seat myself beside Steve, since it was the only seat open. 

I see Sharon notice the distance between Steve and I, and how he's not looking at me at all, and she smiles. I roll my eyes, and sit up when Fury walks in. 

"3 words. Mission in Russia. I need 2 people." Fury announces, and my hand shoots up, with all eyes on me, including Steve's who looks heartbroken, and looks away. Yelena's hand eventually goes up, and she smirks at me. 

"Great, I'll send you two the files. You leave tomorrow morning." Fury finishes, and claps his hands together and walks out with Agent Hill. 

"Buck, you ain't want in on that mission?" Sam brings up, and I turn to him beside me who shakes his head. 

"I'm actually going on a little vacation." Bucky mentions, and I furrow my brows and scoff. 

"You never take time off." I bring up, and he nervously smiles. 

"Well, that's why I'm starting." He comments, and I nod.

"Steve, you didn't want to join your girlfriend?" Sharon asks all snarky, and the table starts to shake, with red glowing around it, and I turn to Wanda, who stops. 

"Sorry, headache." Wanda explains, and none of us think of anything about it. 

"Um, no. We're slowing things down." Steve circles back to answering Sharon, and I huff. 

"Yeah, because Sharon needs to know our business." I mention, and I get up before Steve says anything and walks out. Bucky follows me out, and grabs my arm to stop me. 

"Hey, take a breath." He suggests, and I sigh.

"Have fun on your vacation Buck." I tell him, and he weakly smiles at me. Something is up with him, but I'm in no mood to ask. 

Instead, I go to Steve and I's room to pack up some things, and go into an open room. I set my bag down, and plop myself in the bed with my confusing, frustrating mood.