40

24 Days After Part One

Overlooking POV

While Bucky was on his "vacation," Nina had faked her death, and he had to go back to the compound to pretend to mourn over Nina's death, and told everyone he needed time on his own to deal with it. When in reality, he was back on Clint's land, to keep an eye on the kids and Laura. 

Today, he came back to the compound with a smile on his face, but had to drop it to keep the act of being upset about Nina, when he went upstairs to see everyone with sorrow faces. 

"Why the hell are we still having this gala when we should be planning Nina's funeral?" Sam brings up sternly, and Bruce shakes his head. 

"We can't cancel it. We have it every year for the investors, and to celebrate the new agents. Nina would want us to have it." Clint answers, and Bucky takes a seat on the couch opposite of Steve and Sharon, and he rolls his eyes at the sight of them together. 

"Well, it's in a few hours. So everyone go get dressed." Steve insists, and everyone gets up silently to go to their rooms, leaving Wanda and Bucky alone. Bucky gets up and tilts his head to Wanda, motioning her to follow him. She does, and they both go into Tony's lab and look around to make sure no is near them, and they go into Tony's secret room. 

"How'd it go?" Wanda asks Bucky, and he finally smiles again. 

"The kids and Laura are safe. Nina should be here in about an hour." Bucky answers, and Wanda smirks. 

They both had suggested that Fury should notified and take Sharon down quietly, but Nina wanted it to be known, and make a dramatic entrance. There was no way of convincing her otherwise, but eventually agreed that is what Sharon deserved. 

When everyone comes back to the living area, dressed in their best gowns, and suits, Bucky checks his phone and gives Wanda a nonchalant nod, and they both seat themselves. Yelena joins them in an emerald green gown, and stands behind Wanda and Bucky's chairs. 

"Why are you still here?" Yelena asks Sharon, and Sharon scoffs.

"I was invited to the gala. Just like you." Sharon answers, crossing her legs. 

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Yelena mumbles under her breath, and Bucky puts his hand over his mouth to cover his mouth. 

"What are we waiting for? Let's go downstairs." Bruce asks, walking up to everyone. 

"Waiting on one more." Wanda answers. 

"Who else are we missing?" Steve speaks up, and all heads turn when they hear a pair of heels clicking towards them. 

"Me." Nina announces, and everyone stands at the sight of Nina. Perfectly healthy, with a smirk on her face. Dressed in a beautiful, black gown, with a giant diamond necklace around her neck, courtesy of Pepper. 

Everyone has a shocked expression, but Sharon's was priceless. Jaw dropped, and utterly scared. 

"Surprised to see me Sharon?" Nina asks, gripping her clutch, and tilting her head at her. 

"I- How is this possible? Your DNA matched the body at the scene." Bruce asks, Nina smiles at her colleagues, Bucky, Wanda and Yelena.