14

378 Days After

378 Days After

Tonight is Morgan's little birthday party at the compound, and I'm happy to see the little Stark. She's full of life, so happy and just grateful for everything in her life, nothing like her father. I miss Tony though, I miss going to the compound and say I was visiting Nat, but really I was going to mess with Tony in his lab, and see what he was working on. He was surprised when I advised him to make a few tweaks on his suits, and then eventually let me help him work on them. 

I get out of my daze of remembering my late friend, and park outside the compound. When I step out of my car, I see that Steve arrived the same time I have. What a coincidence. 

"You stalking me now soldier?" I say aloud, and he spots me behind him, and shakes his head smiling. 

"You know Petrova, I'm starting to think you're falling in love with me." He teases back, and I clear my throat. 

"You wish." I reply, and he chuckles, putting his hands in his pockets. We walk in together, and step in the elevator. 

"Do me a favor?" I ask, not looking at him. I hear him chuckle, and I try to hide my smile.

"Pretend we don't sleep with each other?" He asks, reading my mind, and the elevator dings, and I finally turn to face him.

"Ah, now he's starting to get me." I tease, and I wink at him, making him grin and I walk out of the elevator first seeing Pepper talking to everyone. His footsteps aren't too far behind me, but I immediately start acting like I barely know the man. 

"Party is here! Where is my little Stark?" I ask, and I hear running footsteps towards me and spot Morgan with her brown hair getting longer, smiling at me. 

"Right here Nina!" She answers, and I look around, pretending as if I didn't see her until she tugs at my pants, and I look down surprised and lift her up.

"There's the birthday girl!" I exclaim and she smiles and hugs me tight. I put her down, and walk towards Pepper. 

"Thank you for coming." She mentions, and it gives me deja vu of when she told me the same thing about Tony's funeral. 

"Wouldn't miss a party." I joke, and she hugs me quickly. Then Happy takes a step towards me, and we greet each other, before Peter Parker comes up to me, stealing me from Happy. 

"Wow, you're the Black Widow. Well, the other one, the other other one." He notices, and I laugh, shaking the kid's hand. 

"And you must be Spider-Man." I reply, and he nods his head quickly. 

"Kid, what'd I say about running up to people?" Happy asks, and pulls him away from me, and I laugh, winking at the kid. I see a drink being handed to me in the corner of my eye, and I turn seeing Steve, I furrow my brows at him, gesturing what the hell he was doing, and he smiles at me. I take the drink from him, and give him a weak smile.