16

385 Days After

385 Days After

"So when are you gonna come see the kids?" Clint asks, and I chuckle.

"You're using the kids as an excuse, you just want me to see you." I counteract, hearing Clint laugh over the phone. 

"Maybe, you're right." He adds, and I smile.

"I'll move some things around and come this weekend." I insist. 

"Alright, alright. See you this weekend kid." I hang up, and throw my jacket over my shoulders and head to the bar. As always, the music is almost loud enough to hear from outside the door, and I walk in anyways. It's been a while since I've been in, I've been with Steve almost everyday. I need to stop seeing him so often, especially when he wants to take me out on a date, which I stupidly agreed to. 

"Hi Nina, long time no see." Ronnie greets me, and I smile at him, taking a seat at the bar. 

"Been a little busy." I explain, winking at him. "Let me get a cider and a vodka shot." I order, and Ronnie nods at me, walking away to retrieve my order. 

"Hey beautiful." I hear beside me, and I turn annoyed, seeing another piece of shit trying to hit on me. 

"No thanks." I deny, smiling at him, and he walks away. 

"Cap not with you tonight?" Ronnie asks me, sliding my drinks towards me. 

"I'm not his girlfriend Ronnie, I don't know what he's up to." I argue, and Ronnie puts his hands up in defense. I throw the shot back, wincing at the generic taste, and pushing the shot towards him for Ronnie to fill it up again. Then, in the corner of my eye, I see someone else sit beside me. 

"Chto ty zdes' delayesh'?" What are you doing here? I ask, loud enough for the person sitting next to me to hear. I push the refilled vodka shot next to me, and turn towards my sister, who is smiling at me. 

"What? I can't visit my sister?" She counteracts, and I smile back at her. She takes the shot for herself and shoots it back. 

"Thought Steve Rogers would be keeping you company." Yelena adds, and I laugh. Continuing to drink my cider, and looking at her. 

"He only does at night." I tease, and my sister pops her jaw surprised at my comment. 

"You have to tell me how you got yourself into that one." Yelena begs, and I laugh again. 

"Alright, but not here." I agree, and finish off my cider, leaving money on the bar top for Ronnie, and I drag my sister to my apartment. 

"Alright, now are you going to tell me how you're dating your crush." Yelena starts, and I roll my eyes, grabbing a bottle of vodka from my cabinet, along with 2 shot cups and walking to sit by her on the couch. 

"We're not dating." I defend, and my sister rolls her eyes, taking a shot. 

"Oh come on, just try it." Yelena suggests, and I roll my eyes at her. 

"He's too good for me." I plead, and my sister sighs, scooting towards me. 

"When are you going to realize, that you are good enough to deserve a real life?" Yelena asks, and I huff. 

"Anyways, I'm going to see Clint and the kids this weekend." I change the subject. 

"Oh really now?" She sarcastically asks, and I chuckle, nodding. We clink our glasses, and before I can shoot it back I hear my phone ringing. I pick it up from the table, and see that Steve was calling me. I stand, walking towards my room, and answer. 

"Hey spider, what you up to?" Steve starts, and I feel my mouth form a smile. 

"Hey, I'm actually a little busy tonight." I answer, looking backwards quickly, seeing Yelena give me a smirk, and I stick my tongue out at her. 

"No worries, we're friends remember? Doesn't have to be all sex." He comments, and I chuckle.

"Considering me more than a booty call? That's going to get you in a lot of trouble." I tease, and I hear his deep laughter on the other line. "My sister is actually in town, so we're catching up." I surprisingly confess. 

"Oh, that's nice. How long she in town for?" He asks.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll see you tomorrow?" 

"For our date, yes." Steve answers, and I know he's just grinning, which makes me smile. 

"Sure, if you want to call it that. Night soldier." 

"Goodnight Nina." I smile one last time, and hang up. Walking back towards the living room, and plop myself down on the couch, pouring us two more shots. 

"Captain checking on his booty call?" Yelena teases me, and I push her lightly, handing her another shot. 

"He was just making sure about our plans tomorrow." I answer, and she smiles at me. "What?" I ask, and she shakes her head. 

"You like him." Yelena informs me, and I shake my head. 

"Pff, no I don't." I reply, lying to myself, and to her. 

"Whatever." She adds, putting her hands up in defense. 

"How's Fanny?" I ask, and Yelena smiles. This is going to be a long, drunk night.