13

375 Days After Part Two

We couldn't even wait until we got into his apartment, instead we start in the elevator, and work our way to his door, until he slams me against the wall right next to his door, and I chuckle. I wait for him to unlock the door, and I trail my hands up and down his back, when he pulls me into his apartment. 

"Eager?" I tease, and his expression turns dark, and his eyes turn a shade darker, and walks towards me, cupping my cheeks, connecting our lips and then surprises me when he picks me up, and pins me against the wall, holding me up still.

"I like this side of you." I mention, and he smiles against my lips. 

"I guess you're the only one who gets to see it." He replies, and for a second I'm pleased at his response, but distract myself with kissing him again. His lips trail to my cheek to my neck, kissing right on my collarbone causing me to buck my hips against his. He sets me down for a second to take off his jacket, and I do the same. Steve starts to turn around to walk to his room, but I grip his hand to stop him, and walk towards the kitchen. 

"Let's try somewhere new." I suggest, and I lean my back against the kitchen island. 

"What are you doing to me?" He whispers, putting his hand on my cheek, looking into my eyes, and I see it's filled with emotions. I move my hands to start unbuckling his belt, and he tears them off quickly, picking me back up onto the counter, and takes off my pants for me. Left in my underwear and bra, he examines me before kissing me forcefully, moving his hand to my back and unclasping my bra, letting the straps fall on my arms, and he pulls it off for me. 

"You are so beautiful." He moans, and I take off my underwear. Putting my hand over his underwear, stroking him from above, and tugging at his boxers. 

"Shh." I tell him, and he does as he's told and stays quiet, when he enters inside of me, then letting out a deep moan. I keep myself steady by putting my arms around the back of his neck as he pumps inside of me, while his are gripped on my waist. 

"Oh baby." He moans out, and I feel him fuck me harder, so I put my lips on his shoulder, biting into him and clawing at his back. 

"Fuck." I moan out, and his strokes get sloppier and faster, then picks me up and carries me to his bed. I knew he would, at least he lasted longer than I thought. He continues to fuck me in all sorts of positions, and he was the one who led it. He's getting more dominant, and I'm enjoying it. 

We find ourselves catching our breaths again, laying next to each other, naked. I get up and pull the sheets off of us, making him laugh and pull the covers on top of him, and go to the bathroom. When I come back out, I find my underwear out by the kitchen and slip them back on. Steve's still in bed, and throws me a t-shirt when I step back into his room. I smile and throw it on, getting back into bed with him.

"Oh, look who's staying." He teases me, and I roll my eyes, pulling the covers up on me too. 

"I'm too tired to walk back home." I lie, and he smiles. I should leave, just sex, no companionship like we agreed on, but being with him is somewhat comfortable, and so is his bed. 

"Just don't steal the covers." He adds, and I roll my eyes, laying next to him, while he turns on the tv. I find myself drifting asleep to the sound of the tv, when I start twitching. 

"I'll take the first flight out." I insist.

"No, you stay put. We don't have time to wait for you anyways."

"You're acting like this is all on you. I want to be apart of the fight to get our sister back too. When you realize I'm your family too and not just those people, call me." 

I wake up abruptly, sweating, and wipe the sweat off of my forehead when I try to calm down my breathing. It was just a dream. More like a nightmare, that I keep repeatedly having about the last words I said to my sister. I turn in the darkness, seeing that I'm in bed alone, then Steve reappears into the room.

"Hey you okay?" He asks worriedly, coming to the other side of the bed, sitting next to me. 

"Yeah, just a bad dream." I answer, and he tucks my hair behind my ear. "Why are you up?" I counteract. He smiles nervously, and shakes his head.

"Couldn't sleep." He answers, laying his head back down on the pillow, with his hands tucked behind his head, and I lay my head on his chest to comfort him, and well myself mostly. 

"What's on your mind soldier?" I pry, and he takes a deep breath. 

"I was thinking about the fight." He answers, and I open my eyes to look up at him.

"Which one?"

"Wakanda. It all happened so fast." He replies gently. 

"I heard." I reply, not knowing exactly what to say to make him feel better, but I have a feeling he just wants someone to listen. 

"It ended so fast too. It took every breath out of me, and they disappeared out of thin air." He explains, and I take a deep breath, imagining that's what happened to Yelena. 

"Haunts me every night." He adds, and I sigh again. 

"Yeah, I understand that." I reply, and I feel him shift, moving his hand to stroke my hair. 

"I know you blame yourself, but there's nothing you could have done." He tells me, and I sit up, looking down at him. 

"I could have fought." I insist, and he sits up too. 

"I'm glad you didn't have to." Steve offers, and I roll my eyes. His hands cup my cheeks, and looks deep into my eyes. 

"Trust me, you didn't want to see that." He adds, and I feel a tear drop, but his thumb catches it and wipes it away. "Let's go to bed." He suggests, and I nod. He leans back down, and I rest my head back on his shoulder, falling asleep to his fingers playing with my hair.