32

12 Days After

"Why don't you go on a date with Josh?" Nat asks me, and I look up from my book, glaring at her.

"Josh from tech?" I ask, and she nods. 

"He's boring." I mention, and she rolls her eyes at me. 

"Oh, come on he's nice." 

"Nice is just another word for boring." I comment, and she laughs, agreeing with me. 

"You gotta get out there sometime." She adds, and I roll my eyes back at her, continuing to read my book. 

I wake up from my dream, or memory, rubbing my eyes, and looking at the clock. I didn't realize how tiring moving my things in would be until I woke up at 11 the next morning. I roll out of bed, to freshen up for the day, and am greeted by Yelena and Bucky fighting over the last cup of coffee in the kitchen. They should just get together at this point. 

I walk over towards the kitchen, and start a new pot, dumping the mug they were fighting over in the sink. They both drop their jaws at me, and I smile. 

"Easy fix, now we all get coffee." I explain, and they sigh, and sit down on the bar stools. 

When the coffee is ready, I pour the three of us cups and sit down with them, with Bucky in between us. 

We hear footsteps from the stairs, and all look to see who it is, only to be disappointed to see Sharon's face. I groan quietly, and Bucky pinches me to stop. I glare at him, and turn back to Sharon.

"Heard you were moving back." Sharon announces herself, walking on the other side of the island to face us, and I give her a fake smile.

"Yeah Sharon, what's it to you?" I snap, and she chuckles, crossing her arms.

"So you lose your memories, but still manage to remember how much you despise me." Sharon mentions, and I chuckle.

"How could I forget how much of a bitch you are?" I ask, and Yelena laughs to herself, and stops when Sharon glares at her.

"Sharon, hi." I look past her, and see Steve arriving, dropping his bags by the stairs, greeting the annoying blonde.

"Hi Stevie." She greets, hugging him when he reaches her at the island, making Yelena and I pretend to gag behind her back, and Bucky pinches the both of us to stop.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asks Sharon, and pats Bucky on the shoulder to greet him.

"I just wanted to stop by to make sure you were settling in well. I can show you, your new room." Sharon answers, and I clear my throat.

"Actually, I can show him our room." I interject, and Sharon shoots me a glare, while Steve smirks at me.

"Well, it was good to see you." Steve tells Sharon, and she smiles at him, dropping it when she looks my way. Steve grabs his bags, and starts to walk past me, and I shoot Sharon a winning smile before getting up and leading Steve. 

"So, this is us." I mention, opening the door for us. He sets his bags on the bed, and sits on the edge, and I take the moment to stand in-between his legs. 

"We got the big room." He comments, and I smirk, leaning down to kiss him, which he grants me. 

"Missions, living with my friends, and sharing a room with someone as beautiful as you... I could definitely get used to this." Steve adds, and I smile at him. 

"Come on, let's get back out there before they start thinking we're up to something." I suggest, and he stands up, hovering me, and I swallow. 

"Would that be such a bad thing?" He teases, and I smirk, patting his chest. 

"Steve Rogers, who knew you could be such a naughty boy." I tease, and he chuckles, leading us out of the room. 

We meet Yelena and Bucky on the couches, and Steve pulls me down to sit next to him. 

"Good, she left." I mention, and Yelena chuckles. 

"Who? Sharon?" Steve asks, and I nod. 

"What, you don't like Sharon?" He adds, and Yelena scoffs, and I shoot her a glare, for her not to say anything. 

"Nina and Sharon have... issues." Bucky answers for me, and I turn to Steve who looks shocked. 

"What issues?" Oh, my sweet, oblivious Steve. 

"Sharon is a fake bitch." Yelena speaks up, and I laugh, but stop myself when Steve looks back at me. 

"I just don't trust her. Never have." I explain, and he still looks baffled. 

"Is there a reason?" 

"She's got that gut feeling." Bucky answers. I hate that we're sitting with the 2 people that know me the most. 

"My gut is never wrong." I add, and Steve chuckles. 

"Well, I think she's nice." He comments, and we all laugh at him. 

"Of course, you do. She's nice to you because she's obsessed with you." I explain, and he furrows his brows at me. 

"You slept with her right?" I ask, and Steve swallows, scared to answer, and I raise my brows at him to answer truthfully and he nods. 

"That's why she's nice to you. She's still into you." Bucky explains to his oblivious friend, and I point at Bucky agreeing with him. 

"Oh, come on. It was years ago." Steve mentions.

"Sex must have been that good for her." Yelena comments, and I laugh. 

"I would comment at that, but I don't remember us having sex. If we had sex." I playfully say, and Steve squeezes my knee, and I look at him and he smirks me. I chuckle, and Bucky groans from being grossed out and Yelena pretends to gag. 

Steve's phone buzzes, and checks it, and gives us a nervous smile. 

"Speaking of, we have a mission with Sharon in a few days." Steve mentions, and we all groan, and pretend to play dead, out of spite, which makes Steve laugh at us. 

"Okay, I've had enough talking about Sharon. Makes me want to rinse my mouth out." I tease, and Yelena stands up. 

"Me too. Come on, let's go get a session in." She insists, and I stand, to follow her, waving to the boys, who have begun talking about something else. 

Remember Me | Steve Rogersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें