26

7 Days After

Nina's POV

"Take it easy, I mean it." Bruce demands, and I stick my tongue out at him, putting the sling back on my arm. 

Ever since I woke up, I've been trying the best I can to remember, and catch up on my so called, spotty memory. I'm finally up and walking, instead of being glued to that hospital bed. It was making my ass hurt, and I wanted to get a proper shower in. 

When I get out of the bathroom, Bucky is sitting on my bed, playing on his phone. I throw my hair towel at him, to pay attention to me. He rips it off of him and throws it back, catching it with the arm I dislocated and I wince. Bucky's quick to get up to check on me, but I hold my hand up for him to stop in his tracks. 

"Buck, I'm fine. Really, I am. Hand me my sling." I reassure him, and he does so, helping me put it on over my sports bra. 

"So what's up?" I ask, and he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"Don't you think it's time to talk to Steve? He's been a sad, sad captain." Bucky suggests, and I sigh. 

"I don't know what to say to him. The last time I remember talking to him was when I met him at that party." I tell him, and he chuckles.

"You mean when you were totally flirting with Steve?" He mentions and I shove him with my dominant, working arm. 

"I was not." I defend, but he laughs at me. 

"Yeah right. Yelena and I noticed. We just didn't think you would end up in a full blown relationship with the guy. My best friend I might add." 

"Hey, I thought I was your best friend." I tease.

"I can have more than one. But, seriously. Go talk to him, maybe it'll jog your memory." Bucky insists, and I sigh. 

"Alright, where is he?" I ask, and he scoffs. 

"Where do you think?" He asks, and I smirk. Of course, he's probably in the training room. We both leave my room, and part ways. I head downstairs in the elevator, and when I reach closer to the training room, I could hear loud punches to a punching bag. I quietly open the door, revealing a sweaty, angry Steve, and walk up behind him, then walking to his eye view, for him to stop, which he does. I smile at him, and he flashes one back. I hand him a towel off of the bench, allowing him to wipe the sweat off of his forehead, wrapping it on the back of his neck.

"Blowing off some steam?" I ask, and he chuckles. 

"Something like that." He answers sharply, starting to unravel the wrap around his hands, putting it into his bag. 

"How are you feeling?" Steve asks, and I can see the pure concern in his eyes. 

"I'm up and walking, finally showered. So, I'm feeling okay." I answer, but he seems unsatisfied with my answer. 

"How are you really feeling? About everything." He adds, and I clear my throat. 

"Why don't you go clean up, and we can talk over some coffee." I insist, and he nods. I leave him, rushing out the door and started to hyperventilate walking towards the door to get some air. Once I reach outside, I feel like I can finally take a breath. 

"Dyshi, sestra." Breathe, sister. I hear behind me, and I jerk around seeing Yelena walking up from her car, and I tilt my head up, closing my eyes, trying not to cry. Her hand reaches my back, rubbing it in circles, trying to comfort me. 

"I don't know how to handle this. Not without Nat." I confess, and she pulls me into her arms, and I feel so small even though I'm taller than her. But, in that moment I feel small and helpless. 

Remember Me | Steve Rogersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें