25

5 Days After

Overlooking POV

Nina started to show signs of improvement with her breathing, and vital signs, but still remained unconscious. The best thing that happened, was that Nina's fingered twitched lightly. Everyone left Nina's room to talk in the lounge, and Yelena stands to her feet storming to one of the labs to use a computer. Clint, Bucky, Sam and Steve looking at each other, then abruptly standing to follow her. 

"Yelena, what are you doing?" Clint asks, but Yelena refuses to answer, typing away on the computer. 

"Yelena." Bucky repeats, then finally she looks up at the men in front of her. 

"Did we find out who hit you?" She asks, and Steve sighs, throwing his hands on his hips. 

"Yes, but there was no indication of foul play." Steve answers, and Yelena rolls her eyes.

"She's an ex assassin, and has made a lot of enemies, of course there's foul play." Yelena insists.

"We looked into the driver, clean background, low risk." Steve adds, but Yelena slams her palms on the table out of anger. 

"How about I look into it further with Wanda and Vision, and we'll get back to you." Sam offers, and Yelena sighs, nodding at him. 

"Miss Petrova has regained consciousness." Friday announces, and everyone gives each other a hopeful glance before running to Nina's recovery room. They watch her sit up in her bed, and rubbing her eyes. Steve is the first one to sit by her side, with everyone else gathered around her smiling. Once Nina's eyes are fully open, she attempts to clear her throat, and motions her hands to water, that Clint is quick to give her. After a few gulps, she hands the cup back and clears her throat fully. 

"Hey kid." Clint starts, and Nina looks down at the lines attached to her body, aching to sit up further on the bed, and Steve helps her, by putting a pillow behind her. 

"Do you know where you are? What happened?" Clint adds, and Nina nods slowly, looking around. 

"You've been in a car accident. Do you know your name?" Bruce asks, tapping on his iPad, checking her vitals, and Nina nods again.

"Nina Petrova." She answers, and everyone lets out a sigh of relief. 

"Your real name." Yelena demands, crossing her arms, and Nina sighs. 

"Antonia Petrova." Nina replies in her Russian accent, and Yelena smirks at her sister. Everyone but Clint surprised that they didn't know her real name. 

"So what'd I miss?" Nina asks, and Bruce smiles at her. 

"Just a punctured lung, dislocated shoulder, a few cuts here and there." Bruce playfully answers, and Nina smirks. 

"Sounds like I had fun." Nina jokes, and she scans the room, seeing Sam, Bucky, Yelena, Bruce, Clint and was surprised to see Steve right by her side. 

"How do you feel?" Bucky asks, taking a stride towards her. 

"Like shit, but I've been through worse." Nina confesses, and everyone gives a light chuckle. 

"Good, your vital signs are good." Bruce mentions, and Nina nods. 

"So, where's my sister?" Nina asks, and everyone's faces drop, looking at one another. "Oh, and Tony. I'm surprised he's not here telling me how bad of a driver I am." She adds smiling, but it drops when she sees everyone's sorrow faces. 

"Why is everyone looking at me like that?" She worriedly inquires, and Bruce clears his throat. 

"Nina, what year is it?" Bruce asks concerned, and Nina chuckles as if it were a joke, but when no one else laughs, she gets serious for a second. 

"2022." Nina answers, and everyone's face gets pale. "Wait, what's going on? What isn't anyone telling me?" She adds, starting to panic, and Clint places his hand on hers, and so does Steve. She's quick to pull her hands away, still confused at what's going on. 

"Nina, give us a second." Clint insists, and Nina nods, watching her friends leave, but Steve stands there for a second, giving her a sweet smile before leaving the room. She's so confused as to why Steve is being so sweet and giving her longing eyes, when she's barely spoken to him ever since she met him. Though, she's always thought he was cute, neither of them have acted on it, or have seen each other since the party. 

"Bruce, what the hell was that?" Bucky asks when everyone gathers in a circle. Bruce rubs his chin, and sighs. 

"It seems that her memory loss is more severe than we anticipated." He answers, and Sam scoffs. 

"Yeah, no shit. She's behind 2 years." Sam sarcastically remarks, and Steve glares at him. 

"Yes, true, but her memory is also spotty. If she truly believed it was 2022, Bucky, Sam, and Yelena would not be here. We just got them back a little over a year ago. Her memory is completely scattered." Bruce explains, and Steve drops his head. 

"So what do we do?" Steve asks, and Bruce sighs. 

"I think we should tell her. But, we should be very careful not to overwhelm her." Bruce suggests.

"She nearly broke when she found out about Nat the first time, you think she's gonna handle it any better the second time?" Sam brings up. 

"If we don't tell her, she'll never forgive any of us." Yelena advises, and they all agree, heading back to Nina's room. 

"So is anyone going to tell me what the hell is going on?" Nina asks, now angered, but scared. Yelena, and Clint glance at each other, then nodding, and Clint takes a step forward, clearing his throat. 

"Nina, in your accident, you hit your head pretty damn hard, getting a grade 3 concussion." Clint starts, and Nina nods, yearning for more. 

"It looks like your memory is more spotty than we thought it would be." He adds, and Nina furrows her eyebrows. 

"I-I don't understand. What the hell do you mean spotty? What am I missing?" 

This time, Yelena takes a step forward to tell her sister the news that Nina once told her. 

"Nina." Yelena starts, tears forming in her eyes, holding on to her sister's hand. "The year is 2024. Tony died 2 years ago." Yelena adds, and Nina has tears forming in her eyes, that she wipes away quickly. 

"And Natasha?" Nina pleads, this time Yelena's tears drop. 

"She died saving the world, same as Tony." Yelena explains, and when Steve tries to touch her hand, she pulls away quickly, looking at him like she doesn't know him, he loses it, stepping out of the room, and Sam follows. 

"Tell me." Nina spits through her teeth. Yelena looks back at Clint, who has also formed tears, taking his time to explain once again, how their sister died. Saving his life, saving everyone's lives. After a moment, Nina finally calms down, and sits there quietly. Noticing Steve outside the window, staring at her with sad eyes. 

"What's up with the Captain? He hasn't stopped staring at me it's weird." Nina brings up, and Yelena turns to look at him, and Steve looks down, walking away. Bucky chuckles, while Yelena smirks at her sister, and Nina furrows her eyebrows playfully. 

"This is gonna be good. James, would you like to do the honors?" Yelena teases, and Bucky laughs, scooting his chair closer to Nina. 

"You're dating him." Bucky explains, and Nina's eyes widen. 

"Dating? Dating who?" Nina asks baffled, and Yelena laughs quietly, and stops when Nina glares at her. 

"Captain Steve Rogers. Yeah, I know. It's very surprising." Bucky answers, and he smirks at her. 

"No fucking way. Well, he does have a nice ass." Nina jokes, and Bucky rolls his eyes. 

"You also said the sex was..." Yelena adds, giving a hand motion of 'okay', and Bucky jokingly gags. 

"Oh, you two have got to tell me everything." Nina demands, and Bucky and Yelena smile at each other, gaining back their playful Nina, that they haven't seen this side in a long time.