8

367 Days After

367 Days After

Nina's POV

"Yeah, I'm back at my apartment now." I tell Yelena over the phone, unlocking my door and kicking it shut behind me. I put my mail on the table, and start opening them up. I open the one from Clint's family first. 

"I got the letters and pictures from the kids. Cute." I mention, and I smile flipping through new pictures of the kids that are now so grown up. 

"They're getting so big." Yelena comments, and I smile.

"How was being in the country?" I tease, and my sister scoffs. 

"Weirdly relaxing." She answers, and I put up the new pictures of the kids near my door. 

"I told you." I comment, walking myself over to my fridge and grabbing a beer. 

"They miss you, you know. Lila wouldn't stop asking for you." I sigh, and pop off the cap. 

"I'll go visit them, I promise." I add, and Yelena chuckles. 

"Yeah right. You haven't seen Clint or really anyone since Tony's funeral." Yelena mentions, and I roll my eyes. 

"Actually, I ran into Steve Rogers." I blurt, and I smack my hand against my forehead. 

"As in crush on Captain America, Steve Rogers in 2017?" I roll my eyes again, and give a small laugh. 

"I think people only think of Captain America when Steve Rogers is mentioned." I sarcastically add, and I hear Yelena blow a raspberry on the line. "And I did not have a crush on him." I add.

"Oh yes you did. You kept staring at his ass at the party." Yelena argues, and I raise my brows, remembering at the fact that I was.

"I mean, he does have a nice ass." I comment. 

"So tell me how you ran into your big crush." I roll my eyes, and take another swig of my beer. 

"I was at the coffee shop by my apartment." I start, and I hear Yelena give a 'ou'.

"They have good coffee cake." Yelena mentions, and I nod. 

"They really do. Anyways, I was getting my coffee, when I saw Steve walk in, and I bought his coffee, so he'd come up to me." I explain, and I hear her shuffle around. 

"Then, I saw him again at the bar I've been going to." I add.

"Great, ask him out." Yelena tells me, and I almost choke on my beer, and sit up further on the couch, coughing. 

"Hell no." I deny, and she laughs. 

"Why not?" She asks, and I clear my throat from the beer I almost died from. There's been a lot of times I could have died, I'd be damned if I died from choking on beer.