10

371 Days After

371 Days After

Steve's POV

I wake up on the couch with my back hurting, and I sit up and rub my face, getting up to stretch. I've got to get a more comfortable couch. I quietly walk over my to my room, and peek in seeing Nina still dead asleep. Her stomach against the bed, exposing her bare back, with the covers covering right above her waist. I smile, and quietly grab clothes to get dressed and leave a water bottle on the nightstand for her, along with a note. 

Out for a run. I'll be back, don't leave.

I slip out of my apartment and run around a couple of blocks before grabbing us breakfast and coffees, then head back to my apartment. I walk into my room, and she shuffles around, and I sit on the edge of the bed. 

"Fuck." I hear Nina groan, and she sits up, and realizes she's half naked and pulls the covers up a little higher. 

"You're right, watching you get drunk is kind of fun." I tease, and she glares at me, and rubs her temples. 

"Here, you should probably take this." I insist, and hand her 2 pills of Ibuprofen, along with the water bottle. She takes it without hesitation and swallows the pills, handing me back the water bottle. 

"You look like you've been busy." Nina mentions, and I laugh. 

"Yeah, I went out for a run and got us a little pick me up." I explain, and then hand her a bag with a croissant in it, and her coffee. She snatches the coffee from my hand and I smile. She takes a huge gulp to revive her, and smirks at me. 

"Caramel latte, you remembered." Nina comments, and I smile embarrassingly. 

"Yeah, I wanted to play it safe. I didn't know how grumpy you'd be in the morning." I explain, and she chuckles. 

"I'm definitely not a morning person." She confirms. "How bad was I last night?" Nina asks, and I stand from the bed, shaking my head. 

"You weren't." I lie, and she takes another sip of her coffee before she laughs. 

"You're a terrible liar." She comments, and I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Yeah, so I'm told." I add, and she gets out of bed, and I turn around immediately to give her some privacy. I hear footsteps coming towards me, and I turn to see her in one of my shirts that covers right at her thighs. 

"So, what'd I do last night? Try to rip off your clothes?" Nina asks, walking into the living room and slips on her jeans. 

"I wouldn't put it that way." I answer, and she chuckles as she grabs her things. 

"Well, thanks for the bed and the coffee, I should get going." She adds, and I nod, walking to her to the door, and I clear my throat. 

"Yeah, no problem." I reply, and she turns walks out the door, and turns around before she leaves.