17

386 Days After 

386 Days After 

I get woken up by the covers getting pulled off of my entire body, and I groan. Opening my eyes to see my sister smiling at me, standing on my side of the bed. 

"Day mne pospat'." Let me sleep. I beg, but my sister literally drags me off of the bed instead. I groan at my tailbone colliding with the floor, and I kick my sister's shin. 

"Get ready." Yelena demands, and I unwillingly get off of the floor, to get dressed. I walk out into the living room, finishing tying my hair, and my sister sitting on the couch. When she realizes I'm ready, she gets up and walks towards the door, and I follow her into the elevator. 

"Where are we going?" I speak up, and she smirks to herself. 

"To train. It's about time you had a good sparring partner." She answers, and I smirk. She's right, I haven't had a worthy opponent, it a long time. We take my car to my boxing gym nearby, and wrap our hands when we get stretched. 

We both step into the ring, and walk around each other in a circle. 

"Hope you're not rusty." Yelena teases me, and I throw the first punch, but she deflects it, and uses her knee to hit me in the stomach instead. I let out a painful moan, and counteract with kicking her feet from under her, watching her body collapse to the ground. 

"Not as rusty as you think." I comment, and she chuckles. 

An hour and a half later, we're both drowning ourselves in water after a long, and painful sparring session. It seemed like we both had some issues we were trying to release, but didn't question each other about it. 

"I've got those plans with Steve tonight, but tomorrow we could grab some lunch?" I suggest loud enough for my sister to hear in the shower. Her head peeks out from the curtain, and makes her eyebrows dance at me. 

"As much as I'd have so much fun by myself while you're on your date. I'm actually headed out tonight." Yelena answers, and I turn to her with a fake shocked expression. 

"Oh don't act like it's not a date. Why don't you enjoy yourself for once?" Yelena adds, and I scoff.

"Well, when am I going to see you again?" I ask, while my sister steps out of the shower, wrapping herself in a towel. 

"Whenever you drag your ass out of this city." She jokes, and I push her lightly.

"Come out to Clint's this weekend." I insist, and she smiles. 

"I'll think about it." She comments, and I smile. 

After Yelena packs up, we say our quick goodbyes and she's out the door. I take my time to get ready, throwing my clothes everywhere in my room to decide what to wear. Unsure why I'm being so picky about my outfit. I give up and decide to go with a pair of black jeans, with a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of boots. So I don't look like I tried too hard, but I curled my hair so it does look like I tried. I walk out into the living room to unplug my phone, when there's a knock on my door.