It's A Date

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

✨✨(Third-person POV~ Audrey made her way home, turning onto her final right to the street headed towards her home. She worried about her smallest sister, Mia. Ever since the death of their mom, Mia hasn't been the same. Her constant nightmares and isolation from the rest of the world is far too much burden on a tiny soul.

Their mom had tragically died in a car accident while driving Mia to her afternoon summer-art class. A distracted driver crashed against their car, making Mia's mom's car swerve out of control and crashed onto another car. The distracted driver texting on their phone was left with just a few scrapes, and the third car was badly damaged, but still... The driver was left with scratches and bruises, but luckily, was still alive.

Unfortunately for Mia, she was left with a broken arm and a hairline fracture on one of her tiny ribs at just four years of age, besides the many scratches from broken glass and bruises from the impact. Despite the fractures and pain, nothing could compare to the pain she felt when she tried to wake her mom up.

She was too small to understand that her mom was not sleeping in her driver's seat, but had died instantly from the impact of the crash. Mia had to be ripped apart from her mom by the paramedics from how tight she hugged her mom, kissing her face and clutching around her neck, unwilling to let go of her. Her cries and pleads were heartbroken to all the paramedics and firemen that had tended to the horrific accident.

The constant nightmare of reliving the crash had left Mia with PTSD at such a young age. She was an intelligent little girl, but all for the better reasons, Audrey did not comfy completely in the therapy that Mia had undergone for months. She knew Mia would bottle in all of her emotions to the therapist. Regardless of their tactics and efforts, Mia was not willing to open up and talk about what she was feeling, and she refused to take any medication by all means. The only one that was able to ever make her talk was their dad, Robbie.)✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Audrey

I sighed as I looked back in the rearview mirror. Mia looked out the window with her cute sad eyes. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

If Mom was still alive.., boy, things would be so different. I miss her so much. I think this move is going to do her good. We decided to sell our old house and move all across the country to help Mia get better. I miss seeing her smile, being silly. She was truly the highlight of our day without a doubt. Mom and Mia were the perfect duos when it came to making us laugh. I miss those days so much.

The mixture of blue and red lights flickering brought me out of my trance. I looked back on my side-view mirror and see a sheriff patrol behind us. I grunted inwardly, cursing my day.