Nightmare murmurs

When I sat on that carriage and the door closed Kyran instantly looked at me, "You've left something unforgettable in there?"

I raise a brow at his statement, "What do yo-"

"I can't believe you're asking. 'Well his throat hurts and I'm sleep deprived. Make of that as you please' truly an amazing sentence right there." He quoted my words as a smile played on his lips, "I didn't expect that."

I sigh, and I hide my face in my hands feeling my checks flare-up, "Stop... stop talking... I didn't think it through."

"Oh I know you didn't, and that's what makes it even better." He teased and chuckled, leaning back on his seat as his expression turned back serious, "It seems the witch is catching up to me."

I frown seeing his slight defeated look, "Well I doubt anyone would think you can be such a submissive man. So he's probably still looking through the inn, poor fool."

Kyran laughed, "You really did a great job." He smiled looking at me, "Thank you, Hana."

I shrugged but couldn't hide the slight glee I felt at those words, "I'm going to catch on my sleep. Wake me up when we get there."

He nodded and I leaned back on my seat, eventually falling asleep even though the road seemed rocky.

But my sleep was uneasy. And much like many other nights, I found myself chased. Chased by that thing I couldn't even describe. The one who haunted me like prey, yet the constants screams of 'find me' turned to other words. Things like 'I can hear you' or, 'you're closer. All of which sent chills down my spine.

The story of The mountain beast was one I never got completely out of my head. Subconsciously always thinking about it.

I'm scared of the whispers. I'm scared because I can't understand it. I'm scared each morning I wake up restless even if I have a full night of sleep.

All because those screams, and whispers, stay in the back of my head. Making me think about them, try and make sense of them, till all I am is a scared little girl.

I saw that thing, that strange dark thing comes so close, and touch me, being shared awake only to see Kyran. And a concerned look on his face, but what really made me concerned, was the gaping hole on the top of the carriage.

"What happened?" I asked.

He seemed relieved to hear me ask this, "You started chanting... That dark thing from last time happens again..." he looked me in the eyes, "Has this happened aside fork the two times I've been around."

"No.... I'm not aware if it has at least." I say, seeing the gaping hole, and something dark still sticking to some areas of the broken carriage.

He pressed his hands together gripping them, "we've called attention to ourselves... Hana, I need you to be honest, has there been anything similar between this time and last time? That might have caused this... think for a while."

I didn't have to think, I knew the nightmares were the only similar thing. But I have had nightmares before, yet, this hasn't happened then. Knowing this I just nod, "I've just had nightmares every single time." I pause, "But I've had nightmares before and this doesn't seem to happen."

He looked at me before reaching with his hand and touching my head, "Nightmares..." he whispered and began moving my head around, looking for something, "Nightmare..."

"Will you tell me what you're thinking? Or at lead what are you looking for?" I asked, pushing his hands away.

He sighed deeply, "Maybe you've been marked with something... But if it's that, then you should have the mark somewhere in your head to affect your dreams."

I frown, "Then it's something else?"

"I'm not sure Hana... This started that day with the mutt beast... And I can't think how to put these things together." he said, his eyes seeming to frown.

Kyran knew so much about the magic this world held, while all I've come to learn was from either a book or him. My knowledge was something laughable... It's stupid to think I managed to strike a deal with him.

"I can... I can stop sleeping maybe. Just a few days, see if it makes a difference... Maybe." I suggest, sure I'll feel sluggish the few days I try it, but no nightmares to ruin what little sleep I can get.

He frowned, "I'm not a fan of the idea."

"Have anything better then? Because we're not exactly back... 'Home' to be picky about things."

Kyran huffed and crosses his arms, his hand tapping rhythmically, "I still don't like the idea... You being sleep deprived will just cause more of a hassle." he paused and seemed to look out, "don't go anywhere without me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Going to be taking a small pause on updates for a while. Hopefully I'll be back with normal uploads soon but for now can't do as much as usual.