Meal

He hinted for us to eat and after a while when we'd eaten enough he walked over. Looking down at the book, "Found anything interesting? You two seemed invested in reading."

I looked at Rune and answered before either could say anything, "No... Just thinking about the past." I say.

He hummed, "Is that why you were crying?"

He saw that! Well, it's none of his business, who even makes a question like that!?

"I think you must have misunderstood," I say, but he jumps back in.

"No, I heard correctly." the smile on his face didn't waver, "I'd love to hear where someone as special as you came from? Not everyone talks me into a contract."

I snort internally, not everyone? Guess everyone's afraid to bullshit their way out of getting killed...

"No," I say flatly.

He huffs and grabs my hair, I could already see how I'd been dragged by my hair before and instantly closed my eyes and moved frantically away. But feeling nothing happened I opened my eyes.

To my horror right in his hands was a first full of my blond almost gold-like hair.

"What the hell!?" I scream at the moment.

Kyran looked back down at the hair in his hands, "shush it'll be worth it." he says, taking the hair and setting it inside a bowl.

"What are you doing!? You can't just do that without asking me." I'm so angry, I don't care if he glares or screams back.

He shrugged his shoulders and dumped something else along with the hair, what the hell is he doing?

"What are you doing?" I question again.

He grabs my hand dragging me to the pot, "It's like a memory serum... Basically it shows your treasured memories as long as you offer something." he explained and whispered a spell under his breath.

I was still angry, "I haven't even offered anything!?"

"Sure you did, your hair," he says.

I huff, "I didn't offer it! Why do you even need so much!?"

He chuckled, "I didn't need all of it, you just moved and accidentally took too much."

"Accidentally! You think this is funny?" I glare at him, "It took years for that to grow!"

He gave out a nervous smile, "Well... I didn't mean to."

"BUT YOU DID!" I turned, feeling someone tug at my skirt, Rune looking uncomfortable.

I frown, "I'm sorry Rune, you didn't need to hear this."

He shook his head, "It's ok... Short hair looks nice on you." he told me, his smile never wavering, "Why don't you look in the mirror and see?"

I looked between the two and Kyran pointed at a corner, "There's a mirror there."

I stepped towards it, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them. The hair had been chopped hastily, having some areas look longer than others.

I frown, "It's... Horrible." I didn't use to care much about my hair, but I kept it long because I liked it.

Looking at them Rune was frowning and looking at the floor, I guess he felt bad over what he said. Kyran however seemed to be holding in laughter.

I glare even more as he covers his face, "I hate you."

He shook his head, "Don't move next time."

I walk up to him, "ASK ME NEXT TIME!" I felt like I was going to blow.

His expression turned serious, "Fine!" he pointed at the table, "Just go eat some sweets, I don't want to hear your screaming too."

I clenched my teeth and crossed my hands, "imbecile." I mutter under my breath. Walking to the table and sitting down and Rune following closely before I remember what spell he said he was doing.

When I turned around it was already too late, the bowl now held a small orb inside that he took out.

He walked over and handed it to me, "Well... Show me where you're from."

I shook my head, "Again, it's none of your concern."

He rolls his eyes at me, "It's not like I'll kill anyone."

Hearing that only made me worry. I took the orb and looked at him with a raised brow, "I don't trust you."

"Your words hurt me." he says, and fakes sadness, "Rune, why don't you tell me about you then."

Rune looked at me and I sighed, the poor kid was here because of me, "You know what I changed my mind let's look at the good old times..." I say and mutter, "Before this shithole trapped me."

Kyran probably heard but didn't care looking intently at the orb in my head, "Well, amuse me then."

I looked at the orb, "How do I use it?"

"Just think about the memory you want to see," he said, and just as he finished thinking back on the day it all went down.

The small little orb seemed to glisten in the light a second before it projected my memories... It was Kara back... Back in the tree, playing without a care in the world. Many days like that came surging through my head, and the orb showed them all.

From the moment Kara and I were small little kids... When I could carry her in my arms before she outgrew that age.

I felt lost thinking about those times, seeing the orb show them all to me... I felt at home.

Forgetting I was even with these two until my shoulder was tapped. I let go of the orb when I was surprised. Turning to see Rune's worried face.

"Why are you crying Hana?" he asked, and hugged me... I'd been crying?

Touching my face to feel it was wet, brushing the tears off to see Kyran had left. Nowhere to be seen in the room as Rune comforted me.